Quantcast

Best Red for CP?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Donna

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to make some holiday soaps and am wondering if anyone has found a good, true red for CP soaps.
It seems to me, that someone made a recommendation a couple of years ago, but I can't find it.
Has anyone tried Really Red Mica by Nuture soaps?

kchaystack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to make some holiday soaps and am wondering if anyone has found a good, true red for CP soaps.
It seems to me, that someone made a recommendation a couple of years ago, but I can't find it.
Has anyone tried Really Red Mica by Nuture soaps?
Oh yes - I have a good amount of it. I think it works really well.

rparrny

Reaction score
I got what at that time called brick red, an oxide from BB I think, now they call it Americana red.
Here's what it looked like in my holiday soaps:

003.jpg

002.jpg

not_ally

Reaction score
Those are both really lovely shades of red. Thanks to both of you guys for posting to show the gelled/ungelled difference. I can't believe I have not yet bought any Nurture micas given the raves. ****, soaping is expensive.

Donna

Reaction score
Thank you all for the recommendations! I didn't realize there were so many choices as a couple of years ago, a good true red seemed to be illusive. The pictures really help and are beautiful. I was on the hunt for red, but now I see I need to try a new TD! not_ally you are correct in that soaping is expensive, but it keeps me off the streets!

Latest posts