best price on bulk olive oil?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maesapothecary

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I was hoping on some input of where to find the best price on bulk olive oil. I've looked into a lot of options but with the shipping costs combined, it always turns out to cost more than what I pay at Walmart (112 oz for 20$).

I know I'm probably missing something.

Thanks for the help!

I use Pomace Olive Oil, & was able to find it locally in a 35# container at a concession supply business for $61.

That sounds like a great deal. Soaper's Choice pomace is $76.30 plus shipping for 35 lbs. That is one reason that I use rice bran oil. I can get six gallons of food grade rice bran oil for $45.65 with $23.47 shipping which comes to $69.12 for 48 lbs of oil.

https://www.riceland.com/consumers/gifts/

Best price I've been getting is from CostCo, basically 12 lbs for $26. Always make sure you're looking at weight vs. fluid ounces when you do a price comparison.

I usually do either Smart and Final or Cash and Carry (restaurant supply). Their current price is $15ish /gallon.

I know I'm probably missing something.

You're not missing anything. Sometimes it's a better price to buy olive locally. The last 2 times I bought olive (EVO) was at a large grocery in a town close to where I live. I'm normally over there once a week and I check their sales. This last time I was able to buy 160 fl oz for less than $25. That's not as good of a price as judymoody, moonbeam or Paintguru paid but for where I live, it's a good price and cheaper than ordering online.

I wish I lived near a Costco. :(

Costco or Sam's here. No shipping fee is a plus. I think it is about 20 cents an ounce at wal mart

Back