Best place to buy Lye?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverMaple

Reaction score
I haven't purchased lye for a couple of years-- I lucked out and found a great sale and bought a bunch at once. However, I'm now getting low and need more, and was wondering where the best online place to buy was. I looked at 8 pounds from a supplier I've used in the past and they wanted more than the cost of the product to ship it.

Any suggestions?

Ace Hardware if you have one close by. 100% lye drain opener is still available.

In some places you have to let them know you are a soaper and not a doper though. It seems that there are people out there that use lye to make meth.:evil:
:evil:

Recently took this journey and found Essential Depot slightly beat out the Lye Guy in shipping to TX. Every other on-line place I looked at was unreasonable.

I got 5 pounds at a time - it has shipped sooner than the time frame they listed and comes in a sturdy plastic bottle with handle on top and small pour spout. Seems to be excellent quality, pure white with no debris, dissolves quickly, sorry but I don't know the purity level. I did have to keep a clothes softener sheet on hand because there was static during pouring.

Back