Best Peanut Butter Cookies

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/the-best-peanut-butter-cookies-in-the-world-81259#activity-feed

These are SO yummy! What can I say? Last week was a difficult week for me. I haven't baked in ages, but I just had to make me some cookies -- FYI Dear Hubby doesn't like peanut butter. heheheheh Nuff said. :cool:

BEST PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES IN THE WORLD
TIME: 30 mins YIELD: 24-36 cookies

1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
1 cup packed light brown sugar
3⁄4 cup Jiff creamy peanut butter (I didn't use Jiff)
1 egg
1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla

1 1⁄4 cups flour
1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
granulated sugar to roll dough in

In large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, and peanut butter until well blended. Add egg and vanilla, beat well.
In small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to peanut butter mixture, beat until well blended. Heat oven to 350 F (177°C).

Shape dough into 1-1/4 inch balls, roll balls in granulated sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. With the tines of a fork, flatten ball. Flatten again in opposite direction, forming crisscross marks.

Bake 9 to 10 minutes until light brown and cookie is set. Cool slightly, Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.

Notes: Only use real butter and Jiff Peanut Butter. Don't overcook. Use Air cookie sheets for baking. (I used regular ole cookie sheets, with parchment paper for easy release.)

Yum! Love peanut butter and anything with PB in it. Thanks for the recipe Zany :)

Sorry to hear last week was difficult for you....hope you're well and having a great weekend. cuddling-girl-smiley-emoticon.gif

I've almost got everything! It's funny how I always seem to have everything but gluten free flour. Then when I get the flour, I'm out of everything else lol! I wonder if soap gremlins have cookie gremlin cousins?

Sorry to hear last week was difficult for you....hope you're well
Things are much better and so am I. Thank you for your kind thoughts, Saffron.

I wonder if soap gremlins have cookie gremlin cousins?
Oh, I don't think so. Soap Gremlins are in a League of Their Own! Nasty little buggers. LOL

OMG Zany! Your right, these are the best! I finally got to make them today! Of course I didn't have everything (lol I never seem to). I'm becoming the queen of substituting lol. I made a half recipe. For the brown sugar, I substituted 1/2 a cup of white sugar with 1 tablespoon of honey. One cup of sugar plus 2 tablespoons of molasses was the substitute Google recommended for brown sugar but of course I didn't have molasses lol. These cookies are so good and chewy! Thanks for sharing the recipe. It's a new favorite.

Lol, the nights that my honey works late (and I have the place to myself) have become peanut butter cookie night! [emoji514][emoji514][emoji514] Yum!

I'm presuming because you have baking powder in it, that the flour is plain flour ?

You guys and your cookie recipes really know how to tempt a girl...I had to make myself some cookie dough (not eggless cuz I'm a rebel #livingontheedge) to eat and BOY did it hit the spot!!!
Now I'm thinking of ways to make a cookie dough soap.......

You guys and your cookie recipes really know how to tempt a girl...I had to make myself some cookie dough (not eggless cuz I'm a rebel #livingontheedge) to eat and BOY did it hit the spot!!!
Now I'm thinking of ways to make a cookie dough soap.......
I used to make a rebatch, melting down all my scraps and scenting it with vanilla and cinnamon. I poured them into individual round molds. It was brownish and I just thought it smelled like wonderful soap but I had a customer who called it my "cookie dough soap."

I used to make a rebatch, melting down all my scraps and scenting it with vanilla and cinnamon. I poured them into individual round molds. It was brownish and I just thought it smelled like wonderful soap but I had a customer who called it my "cookie dough soap."
That sounds delightful! Like a snickerdoodle...yum!
I'm thinking you could even make some "cookie dough" embeds by rolling up tan soap with bits of brown and then disperse them in a loaf. If I was more experienced, I might consider using full milk for it to make a milk & cookies soap. If anyone here has a hankering to try this out, please share your results!! I have too many ideas and not enough experience or time XD

That sounds delightful! Like a snickerdoodle...yum!
I'm thinking you could even make some "cookie dough" embeds by rolling up tan soap with bits of brown and then disperse them in a loaf. If I was more experienced, I might consider using full milk for it to make a milk & cookies soap. If anyone here has a hankering to try this out, please share your results!! I have too many ideas and not enough experience or time XD
When I rebatched, I left speckles of soap throughout that did not dissolve making it look more like cookie dough, even though at the time it wasn't with that in mind.

When I rebatched, I left speckles of soap throughout that did not dissolve making it look more like cookie dough, even though at the time it wasn't with that in mind.
That's fantastic!! Sometimes the unintentional stuff turns out the coolest.

Back