Best packaging for delivery

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So(ap)_obsessed

Reaction score
Hi soaping fam! First time posting. Love the sense of support and community here. Any input would be appreciated.
Busy working on packaging options for sales & delivery of CP soaps.
I’m thinking:
a) tissue paper (thin wrapping paper) for soap, and a cardboard box with shredded paper (at least here in South Africa these boxes are pricey to send one or two soaps at a time!)
b) cardboard box for individual soaps, to be sent in a padded envelope
Any recommendations on what is best in terms of protecting soaps in transit and costing?
Thanks in advance!

Hi Glendam, not currently. Maybe some peaked soap tops but these have only been a few trial batches so far.
When I started shipping gifted soaps I put them in a bubble envelope with a cigar band around, they were very solid and had hardened to the point they didn’t get dents even if I dropped them accidentally. If they had embeds then I put in a box inside a bubble envelope as that was the most affordable. Lately though, for actual orders, I prefer to pack them individually in card stock boxes and ship them in a cardboard box with shredded paper. The customer pays for the shipping but it is not too expensive here in the US. Most of my soap have embeds and I feel this protects them the best.

Latest posts

Back