Best OO replacement for shampoo bar?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I know all the different oils that can be used in place of OO in a general recipe but I'm looking for one that will work best in shampoo bars. I don't care for OO much for multiple reasons but mainly its drying and sticky on my skin.

I've been considering RBO, HO sunflower or HO safflower. Any opinions on these oils? Especially looking for experiance with high amounts in a recipe and how the skin feel is and if there were any problems with DOS.

I really don't want to go back to shampoo bars but the skin issues on my scalp demand it.

I really don't want to go back to shampoo bars but the skin issues on my scalp demand it.

Curious, cause I have issues with scalp health and commercial shampoos--

have you tried a synd shampoo bar? or a non commercial shampoo?

I am trying to learn about them and think I will test out a few dish members bars before buying stuff and making my own.

Sorry for not adding helpful info...just been in the forefront of my head recently.

NA, I have no issue with avocado, you must have me mixed up with someone else. I do use some avocado in my shampoo bars but I'm needing something that will be at 40%.

I haven't tried a synd bar. I was going to but I don't think my scalp will like those either. I've tried all kinds of shampoos, the only ones I can tolerate even a little in Loreal sulfate free but even that will cause a flair up after a few uses. Not quite sure what you mean by non commercial shampoo.

Never even considered almond. Have you used it in higher amounts? I'm leaning towards RBO at the moment for no other reason then its easy to find.

Latest posts

Back