Best of fragrance spread sheet

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a new soaper trying to FIND fragrances, I think that is wonderful. So, where is the first spreadsheet? These EOs are killing me! I just spent over $25.00 on 2.5 oz oils to scent one 5# batch.

If you click the "Fragrance Oils" forum, there is a sticky called Fragrance Review Chart. It's the first sticky. The link to the spreadsheet is in there.

sorry, saw where the tabs are. thanks! Bramble Berry is missing the Crisp cotton, & the Island Escape.

Last edited:
There are so many missing. The fragrance spreadsheet is a wonderful resource but it's hard to find and start paid email accounts anymore, so not everyone gets to participate or peruse it. So I fear that a best-of version would end up being an even smaller subset of the already-too-small spreadsheet.

There are so many missing. The fragrance spreadsheet is a wonderful resource but it's hard to find and start paid email accounts anymore, so not everyone gets to participate or peruse it. So I fear that a best-of version would end up being an even smaller subset of the already-too-small spreadsheet.

You don't need a paid email to add to the Fragrance Review Spread Sheet. You do need one for the Fragrance Review Board, which is a totally separate board from Soap Making Forum. The spreadsheets are Google docs that anybody with a link can add to. You don't actually even need an email address.

I try to sit down every few months, smell my soaps, and then add a review of the FO to the spreadsheet and the board.

I'll probably create the sheet myself, if Hazel is amendable to adding a link to it to her original post. I am considering calling it "Best and Worst of Florals". I would have tabs for each floral, (rose, jasmine, etc) and people could add reviews. The columns would be "Name, supplier, acceleration, discoloration, notes and column I may call Compared to.) Meaning if you love Brambleberry's Rose better than WSP and Nature's Garden (totally made-up random example) you would put that in the column.

Well, i just added some. I can put a lot more up later. There must be a way to promote it better--it's so handy. And I always check it before buying a new fragrance.

As a new soaper trying to FIND fragrances, I think that is wonderful. So, where is the first spreadsheet? These EOs are killing me! I just spent over $25.00 on 2.5 oz oils to scent one 5# batch.

Where are you buying your EOs? Depending on the EO, that's very expensive! Are you buying at a health food store?

For EOs, I like Camden Grey. Liberty Naturals is also very popular.

OMGosh that would be such a GREAT idea! But can we have a Fruits category too? Or maybe, all kinds of categories? Or add categories as we go? Like, I am on a quest for the best ever peach. I've been through two---Nature's Garden peach and a Peach from BB.. Names are escaping me right now, and I'm not at home, sorry. but I can come back and post them.

Anyway, the NG peach was a horrible, terrible, stinky fail. The BB Peach is okay--it's curing up now. I check on it every few days and smells good. It's peach, but has a sort of 'off' note to it-- not a true knock-your-socks-off 'Fresh, Sweet' peach smell. It's plenty usable, but not the dead on smell I have in my mind. It's almost like a dark, overripe, 'hey you might want to throw this peach away soon' peach.

Anyway, that's the 'why' of why I would want other categories, and if anyone else might want any, they might post, but also, I wouldn't want it to become too complicated or out of hand. :)

Also, I have soaped both Island Escape and Crisp Cotton, I can fill those in on the other spreadsheet if no one minds, once I get home and get some time to look at the spreadsheet. I have looked at it before, but never felt comfortable contributing just yet.

I've added Lotus blossom by NG the other day. It took me a while to work it out how haha. I did make the row extra wide, I can't work out how to make it smaller and how to fix something once it's already entered.
Lotus blossom is a floral but IMO so underrated. I hope my comment will help someone.

Back