Best guest bar mold?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacie

Reaction score
I am wanting to make small guest bars and looking at mold options. I see plastic trays. Do those warp or break easily? They seem fairly disposable, which is not what I want. I see dividers to be put in larger molds. Do those hold up well? Are they easy to use? Or is there some simple way to just create a long, narrow, shallow loaf mold that would really be preferable?

Thanks in advance, hive mind.

It's been years since I made guest bars, but when I did I used the Rubbermaid drawer dividers. They were the perfect size. After they set up I cut them like any soapmo k log. Quick and easy.

That seem like a pretty great idea. Are those sold with office supplies?

I use silicone mini-tart moulds from Lakeland. I got some round fluted ones and mini heart shapes, really easy to use and so cute.

Oh, I didn't say...I definitely want rectangles, and preferably plain ones, although I considered ones that say 'handmade' since plain ones were actually hard to find.

I use drawer dividers also I got mine at dollar tree for a buck, but Walmart carries a bunch in different sizes too.

Efficacious Gentleman, I have no idea what you're talking about. Do you have a picture?

Of course - not an ideal example for what you are looking for, but the plastic tray that biscuit assortments come in when you buy them, at least over here in Europe.........

5188_20tray2.jpg

Ooohhh, I see. Yes, there are some of those that are long and rectangular. Clever thinking. I think they're too flimsy, though. I'm wanting something non-disposable.

I will definitely check the dollar stores for the drawer dividers. I think there are three or four within a mile of me.

I make rectangular guest-size soapies just by using my regular log mold. I cut my log into my usual, normal-sized bars, then I cut the bars in half and finish things off by giving the edges a nice bevel with my beveling tool. Instant guest soap! :)

IrishLass :)

Thank you thank you! I don't currently have a loaf mold, although on another thread I see that it is somewhat simple to make one, given the right tools. I may do that at some point. I only have a silicone mold that makes round soaps. We'll see which one I feel like dealing with...shopping or making something. Hooray for options!

Latest posts

Back