Best eucalyptus mint FO?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ugeauxgirl

Reaction score
I've only tried one eucalyptus mint fragrance oil, and it's nice but not as strong as I'd like. Anybody use a nice strong one that lasts in soap?

My favorite Is the one from WSP, it has EO & FO but their prices have gone up so much I wouldn’t buy it even if on sale. I once bought the one from Nature’s Garden but disliked it so much out of the bottle I never even tried it (sold it). I also tried blending eucalyptus FO and spearmint FO from Lone Star Candle. Over time it was good but not as good. (Initially it had a chemical smell)

My favorite Is the one from WSP, it has EO & FO but their prices have gone up so much I wouldn’t buy it even if on sale. I once bought the one from Nature’s Garden but disliked it so much out of the bottle I never even tried it (sold it). I also tried blending eucalyptus FO and spearmint FO from Lone Star Candle. Over time it was good but not as good. (Initially it had a chemical smell)
Do you mean the Headache one? Yeah I can confirm that one is SUPER strong.

Nature's garden peppermint redistilled and eucalyptus globulus EOs come out cheaper overall (probably even if you consider shipping)...maybe go that route?

@Megan no, I meant their Eucalyptus Spearmint EO & FO blend. I did not know they had a headache one. I do have their sinus blend though, which has a strong camphor note. That’s a great idea with the EO’s!
At least it will smell authentic right? In my experience I use far less of those two EOs than I would FO in soap anyway...so it may work out to not be so expensive in the end.

At least it will smell authentic right? In my experience I use far less of those two EOs than I would FO in soap anyway...so it may work out to not be so expensive in the end.
True, and I was surprised when using spearmint EO in a hot process soap, that I could still detect it in the soap a year later (Faintly though), and I had not kept it wrapped or anything.

I like Eucalyptus Spearmint from American Soap Supplies. If memory serves me correctly, I used it at 5.5% PPO and the scent retention was very good. I'm at work so don't have access to my notes - I'll verify later. I've only used it in CP.

Note - her prices are good, she ships very fast, and refunds any shipping overages. I just wish she had a storefront because she's only about 30 minutes from my house.

Eucalyptus Spearmint FO

I really like Eucalyptus & Spearmint from North Wood Candle Supply. It’s more of a green scent than an herbal one. Spa-like.

Overall, my favorite fragrance oil company is Midwest Fragrance Company. I have tried several of their oils, and they all behave beautifully in CP soap. Customers of theirs use the oils for soaps, candles, wax melts, bath bombs, body butters, etc… They don’t discolor (which the exception of the vanilla ones), but I have been very pleased with the results of my soaps when using their fragrances. They’re better than Brambleberry and many others I’ve tried.

MWFC has a Fresh Mint + Eucalyptus, Wild Sage, and a Bamboo + Teakwood, among so many others! I just did a search for eucalyptus, and those are some that popped up in the results.

I like Eucalyptus Spearmint from American Soap Supplies. If memory serves me correctly, I used it at 5.5% PPO and the scent retention was very good. I'm at work so don't have access to my notes - I'll verify later. I've only used it in CP.

Note - her prices are good, she ships very fast, and refunds any shipping overages. I just wish she had a storefront because she's only about 30 minutes from my house.

Eucalyptus Spearmint FO
Great to know- no weird ricing or discoloring? Im looking for a better mint scent for my glacier design soap

No, it is very well behaved.
My order from American Soap came today and it smells of neither spearmint or eucalyptus. More mens cologny. Im waiting to hear back via rmail if I got the wrong fragrance but wondering if Im smelling it correctly?

It behaved very well, and it's sticking, but I don't like the fragrance quite as well as WSP. There's almost a floral note to it.

My order from American Soap came today and it smells of neither spearmint or eucalyptus. More mens cologny. Im waiting to hear back via rmail if I got the wrong fragrance but wondering if Im smelling it correctly?
Oh no! Sorry to hear that. The one I have is more spearmint than eucalyptus but definitely not men's cologne. Is yours clear in the bottle? Mine is.

Yes like this, its very very hot here in AZ, Im wondering if the heat affected it.

Attachments

• 20220827_174517.jpg
    20220827_174517.jpg
    876 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back