Best Essential Oil Brands

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kathrynmara08

Reaction score
Hi - I am new to soap making, specifically shampoo and conditioner bars. I am looking for a reasonably priced essential oil brand to purchase. Does anyone have any recommendations? It can get so expensive to keep using the small sample sets.

I would start with reputable soap suppliers and then branch out from there. EOs are not cheap…if they are, then they adulterated and you want to walk away no matter how temptiing/. I don’t use a lot of EOs myself, but when I do, I charge extra because it costs me extra.

I use both fragrances and EOs - some EOs are pricey but some are comparable to or cheaper than fragrance oils. I buy in 16 oz or 32 containers of: lemongrass, litsea cubeba (May Chang), lavender 40/42, peppermint, Himalayan cedar, ho wood, eucalyptus, and others. I compare prices constantly, and have found good prices at New Directions Aromatics, JEdwards, and SVA. Also have bought from Nurture, Camden Grey, WSP. I used to buy from From Nature With Love but their prices aren’t as competitive for the things I buy.
My advice is to stay away from vendors on Amazon unless they are reputable sources that have their own websites, or EBay, but that’s because of a terrible experience I had buying essential oils on EBay.

Sure! If you're on the hunt for affordable essential oil brands for shampoo and conditioner bars, I'd recommend checking out brands like Gyalabs, Plant Therapy, Now Foods, or Aura Cacia. They offer reasonably priced options without compromising on quality. Hope that helps! My personal fav is lavender oil

Sure! If you're on the hunt for affordable essential oil brands for shampoo and conditioner bars, I'd recommend checking out brands like Gyalabs, Plant Therapy, Now Foods, or Aura Cacia. They offer reasonably priced options without compromising on quality. Hope that helps! My personal fav is lavender oil
All of those brands are much more expensive, and I've experienced them to be much less pure/reliable, than the EOs available in bulk from soap suppliers such as New Directions Aromatics, Camden Grey, Brambleberry, etc.

The two I use the most would be Jedwards and Eden Botanicals. You can buy smaller quantities at Eden Botanicals, the shipping is included and you get to pick a free sample with every $20 of your order up to 6. I have all sorts of e/o samples that i would never have thought to try b/c they were free, lol! And the quality is top notch.

Find a reliable supplier who carries quality products. I use several--Wholesale Supplies Plus, Eden Botanicals, Nature's Garden and Camden Grey are a few.

I have used many different companies but lately have had very good luck with SVA Organics: Pure Essential Oil Manufacturer, Wholesaler, Supplier, Exporter. The website is a little awkward but the products are excellent, shipping is fast and free over $100, and prices are the lowest on several items I buy. I also buy from NDA, Jedwards, Camden Grey, and for a few items a company that sells on Etsy called the Plant Guru. And others I am not thinking of right now.

Hi - I am new to soap making, specifically shampoo and conditioner bars. I am looking for a reasonably priced essential oil brand to purchase. Does anyone have any recommendations? It can get so expensive to keep using the small sample sets.
I have been purchasing from aromachologyoils.com and have had a decent experience. Their price and quality are both pretty good. The only challenge is that they ship from India and the order takes around 10 days. So if you are okay to wait, you can try them.

Latest posts

Back