Best EO Brands

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@marehare Sadly, lavender is also a headache and migraine trigger for many... my daughter, my sister-in-law, and several on this forum.

Some EOs are known to trigger seizures. Per the epilepsy society, "Rosemary, fennel, sage, eucalyptus, hyssop, wormwood, camphor and spike lavender are not recommended as essential oils if you have epilepsy."
It is very true that many EOs can trigger seizures and asthma attacks. Just ask my kids. Lavender and other EOs can trigger migraines for me and my youngest daughter along with epileptic seizures for my youngest. I find Lemongrass and May Chang (Litsea) very soothing along with Brazilian Lime.

There’s a migraine manager roll on available with Peppermint, Spearmint and Lavender EOs. I don’t know the exact ratio of the blend, but will try to replicate the blend.

For quality, price, good customer service, shipping, etc. I like Sun Pure Botanicals in NM. Great price on High Altitude French Lavender which is said to help with migraines.

ETA: Since you're in Utah, MMS is near Logan and carries good quality EOs but their selection is limited. They also carry a large inventory of other supplies for soap, lotions & potions. Also a good company to do business with.

I forgot to mention, I use Eden Botanicals for information about EOs. Sun Pure Botanicals is a little lacking in that area. :p :rolleyes:
I clicked on your link to Sun Pure and found lavender but not high altitude (fine). I've been reading a lot on Eden's Garden website just because I had no idea there are multiple lavenders, chamomiles, rosemary, geraniums, cedars, ect and I'm trying to distinguish between them all.

I clicked on your link to Sun Pure and found lavender but not high altitude (fine).
You're correct. They've changed the design of their website. I found BEST SELLING FRENCH LAVENDER here.

I had to scroll down quite a way to find this info, Note the Latin Name:

Lavender Essential Oil - French
Product: 100% pure uncut Lavender essential oil
Latin Name: Lavandula Augustifolia
Country of Origin: France
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Parts Used: Flower/Bud

Description: Lavender essential oil is commonly used by soap and candle makers for it's scent. Lavender essential oil has a citrus-like high note. If you are looking for a lavender with high floral notes, we recommend trying our organic bulgarian wildcrafted Lavender essential oil

ETA: The difference in price for 16 oz. French Lavender EO, Sun Pure vs. Eden Botanicals and MMS... Wowser!!!

You're correct. They've changed the design of their website. I found BEST SELLING FRENCH LAVENDER here.

I had to scroll down quite a way to find this info, Note the Latin Name:

Lavender Essential Oil - French
Product: 100% pure uncut Lavender essential oil
Latin Name: Lavandula Augustifolia
Country of Origin: France
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Parts Used: Flower/Bud

Description: Lavender essential oil is commonly used by soap and candle makers for it's scent. Lavender essential oil has a citrus-like high note. If you are looking for a lavender with high floral notes, we recommend trying our organic bulgarian wildcrafted Lavender essential oil

ETA: The difference in price for 16 oz. French Lavender EO, Sun Pure vs. Eden Botanicals and MMS... Wowser!!!
I was searching for a lavender I might actually like and thought of your post recommending lavender fine. I found all three (French, Bulgarian, and fine) at Eden's Garden and thought I'd try the fine to see if it's what I'm looking for.

I found all three (French, Bulgarian, and fine) at Eden's Garden and thought I'd try the fine to see if it's what I'm looking for.
Shop around to be sure to compare prices. Sun Pure has Bulgarian as well as the French and organic made in the USA. Just for testing purposes, you can buy minimal amounts on Sun Pure for a LOT LESS $$$. Shipping is good. Usually. Don't know what's happening with USPS these days.

Latest posts

Back