Quantcast

Best brand of stick mixer?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

G

I don't have the $$$ for a kitchen-aid one so this is what I bought.

I bought it at wal-mart. (But I wanted to give my mom one for Christmas and the local one in Devils Lake didn't carry it. Nor did the Super-walmart in Minot. So I had to get it where I bought mine in Grand-Forks...)

But it's a hamilton Beach and it cost $18 and change.

But what I like is that it comes in a neat box, and has 3 attachments which comes in handy for clean up. And if I need to stop what I'm doing I just unattach it and set the top portion down (which is the heavy part) and leave the mixing part in the pot. I wouldn't own anything but this now cause I like the clean up part. And it comes with a whisk attachment which is nice for after trace and I add my additives and fragrance.

but that's just me and what I prefer. And it's affordable as well.

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
I have 2. A Wal-Mart cheapo and my trusty Kitchen Aide! Big difference between the two. The cheapo from Wal-Mart came with a whisk, a drink mixer and the chopper attachment. I use it a lot, but when I want ease of use and power to make lotions or creams, my Kitchen Aide SB and stand mixer all the way! :D

A lot of people use Braun also.

Paul

G

Soapmaker Man said:
I have 2. A Wal-Mart cheapo and my trusty Kitchen Aide! Big difference between the two. The cheapo from Wal-Mart came with a whisk, a drink mixer and the chopper attachment. I use it a lot, but when I want ease of use and power to make lotions or creams, my Kitchen Aide SB and stand mixer all the way! :D

A lot of people use Braun also.

Paul

I agree I would be lost without my kitchenaid stand mixer. That thing is amazing and I use it all the time. Not just for soaping but cooking and baking as well. I love using it to make my grandmothers bread recipe. Which is a long process, so that mixer comes in handy for that........

Lane

Reaction score
faithy said:
But it's a hamilton Beach and it cost $18 and change.
That's what I have! But I realllllllly want a stand mixer for when I go into lotions and creams..... :x

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
Man you talking about beating whipped shea butter into submission, that Kitchen Aide is amazing! My wife got a new one and I got the older one! Hey, it beats using a hand held mixer!!! I turn out about 3 quarts of lotion in that thing when I make a batch! LOVE IT! :D

Paul

Latest posts