Best Black Tea and Green Tea FOs?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrendySpork

Reaction score
Hello. I'm pretty new to FOs so I'm pretty clueless when it comes to the best quality and best smelling oils. I've used fragranceoilfinder as a resource, but it pulls up about a dozen websites. Brambleberry has a green tea and black tea FO. Is anyone familiar with those ones? I was thinking of adding a little Grass Stain FO to the Green Tea to give it more of an authentic "green" smell. Does anyone have any favorites?

Welcome, TrendySpork! :)

My favorite green tea FO is Green Tea from Majestic Mountain Sage. It smells great and it is strong and long-lasting.

My favorite black tea was Iced Keemun Black Tea from TheScentWorks, but they are sadly no longer in business. When I run out, I'm going to look into getting a sample of Daystar's Black Tea FO. Many who have tried it say they really like it.

IrishLass :)

I tried to order Green Tea from MMS and they don't ship that one to Canada. I would be interested to hear if there are any other good ones? How is the one from nature's garden? I find they are really hit or miss.

Earl Grey from MO smells awesome but is completely lost in cp soap after two months even at very high usage rates. Boo!

I like the green tea from nature's garden (also the only one I've tried so far). Smells great and sticks in soap.

ETA: NG's earl grey is also nice and a sticker.

Both are very well behaved in CP.

There is an FO from RE that is called Green tea and cucumber. Its fresh, definitely smells like green tea and soaps nice. After 1 month it was still very strong in my tester but, I can't say whether it will hold past that (though I would think it should!). I think the cucumber helps it smell more like a "soapy" scent but the green tea gives it a very nice extra kick.

ETA: I remember that its been about 3 months now. I'll go find my tester and report back tonight.

Last edited:
Earl Grey from MO smells awesome but is completely lost in cp soap after two months even at very high usage rates. Boo!

oh, this makes me extremely depressed. It smells so great in the sample I got, and I had it on my "wish list" for my next order. It smells just like a hot cup of earl grey! Back to the drawing board.

I have tried several, and have not yet found a black tea FO that really does it for me. Iced Tea Twist from Wholesale Supplies Plus is a fun scent, smells like instant lemon iced tea. But nothing that just smells like a cup of black tea.

Bramble Berry's green tea is quite nice, and pretty much a single accord so it's useful for blends.

Back