Best black coffee fragrance?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grungedoll

Reaction score
Im searching for the perfect pure black coffee fragrance! I want something not super sugary or caramel like all the other coffee scents out there that I’ve found. Opinions? :)

Also when it comes to mixing or measuring fragrance oils, what does everyone use? I’ve read to only use glass or disposable wax cups... but I’m having quite the time finding those (unless I order them) and is it ok to wash the left over fragrance oil out of a glass bowl or cup down the drain...? (Maybe that makes me sound over paranoid, but I have no idea! I’ve heard washing essential oils is a bad idea.. I didn’t know if it was the same thing. :hairpulling:)

Bramble Berry Espresso is a good straight coffee scent. Strong and sticks. I also use small glass containers for EOs or FOs and just wash them by hand. There isn’t enough left in them to worry about. Maybe only a drop or two, but you could always wipe them out with a paper towel if you have concerns.

I agree with BB espresso, it’s strong and it sticks. To me it’s straightforward but I’m not much of a coffee drinker.

I also do as the others do with fragrances. I have some small stainless steel bowls that have been working for me and a large shot glass that was supposed to be meant for measuring. The numbering wore off and it’s an awkward size for drinks, perfect for the amount of FO I usually need. If you’re super extra worried you can squirt some dish soap on a paper towel and wipe out the residue before washing as normal.

Also when it comes to mixing or measuring fragrance oils, what does everyone use? I’ve read to only use glass or disposable wax cups... but I’m having quite the time finding those (unless I order them) and is it ok to wash the left over fragrance oil out of a glass bowl or cup down the drain...? (Maybe that makes me sound over paranoid, but I have no idea! I’ve heard washing essential oils is a bad idea.. I didn’t know if it was the same thing. :hairpulling:)

I use stainless steel condiment cups for my fragrances. Sometimes with a larger batch, I use a small stainless steel pitcher like the size of a small gravy boat or for hot tea water. What I didn't already have on hand (the condiment cups) I bought at thrift stores.

FO's and EO's can melt some plastics, which is why glass is recommended, but they don't melt stainless steel either and it's easy to clean. I have no problem washing and pouring soapy water from doing dishes down the drain. Of course, I have a habit of wiping out any oily substance with paper towels before washing because I don't like contributing to a clogged drain, etc.

I use stainless steel condiment cups for my fragrances. Sometimes with a larger batch, I use a small stainless steel pitcher like the size of a small gravy boat or for hot tea water. What I didn't already have on hand (the condiment cups) I bought at thrift stores.

FO's and EO's can melt some plastics, which is why glass is recommended, but they don't melt stainless steel either and it's easy to clean. I have no problem washing and pouring soapy water from doing dishes down the drain. Of course, I have a habit of wiping out any oily substance with paper towels before washing because I don't like contributing to a clogged drain, etc.
I’d thought about using steel condiment cups as I have some of those as well! But I just gave in and bought a bunch of wax cups so I’ll have less clean up. Haha.

Back