Best Birthday Cake FO?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapM0m

Reaction score
So I'm turning the big 5-0 this September and thought I should honor that with my first whack at a birthday cake soap. I read some bad reviews on the WSP site for their bday cake fo, saying it didn't stick. What are some other companies that you all have used with success? I realize there's probably going to be vanilla in it, so I'm planning to use a vanilla stabilizer. Would love some pics for coloring ideas too! Thanks in advance! :)

So I'm turning the big 5-0 this September...

Me, too! Happy early birthday! That's all. I really can't help you much, since I don't care for birthday cake scents. Too sweet for my taste. If I were going to use it, I'd probably go for a cake-like layered design. I would leave the FO out of some of the batter to use as a middle layer and as some kind of frosting on the top.

The only cakey FO I have used was Brambleberry's Clementine Cupcake, which I don't think they offer anymore. I liked it a lot but in your case, it might take a little experimenting to find one that works for you. You can also check out Nature's Garden to see what they have.

Back