Best beer/ale FOs?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixiedragon

Reaction score
WSP has three - Summer Ale, Harvest Ale and Jingle Bell Ale. The first two have citrus notes and the last one has spice notes. Any body try any of these?

I want more of a straight-up beer or ale scent.

WSP also has one called Oatmeal Stout. I bought it in my last purchase and can't keep the boyfriend away from sniffing the bottle. It's got a nice beer scent with an oatmeal cookie sweetness on back end. I haven't soaped with it yet so don't know how it morphs.

I'm watching for a response on the Summer Ale because I have that one in my wish list.

I can tell you one not to use. NG's Beer....smells like the 3rd day after a frat party. I haven't tried any other Beer scents as that one was terrible.

WSP's oatmeal stoute didn't morph for me but it definitely rices

I can tell you one not to use. NG's Beer....smells like the 3rd day after a frat party. I haven't tried any other Beer scents as that one was terrible.

That sounds like a perfect scent for a beer soap. I got some sniffies from another member, one was oatmeal stout and the other was autumn something. Neither smelled like beer, they were nice but not what I wanted.

SoS has a Light Beer FO with iffy reviews. WSP also carries a Pumpkin Lager FO, and Mike's Fragrances carries a Beer FO. I have no personal experience with those, though.

In looking for beer FOs I haven't been able to find a straight malty-hoppy beer scent with good reviews. Most are mixed with fruit, bread, or spice notes. I can understand why - many good beers have those notes anyway, and without them I can imagine it smelling a little pissy and flat.

In my dreams I'd have something that smells as figgy as a Belgian quad. Mm.

Soaped with wsp oatmeal stout tonight. No ricing but holy moly it seized up! A few swishes with my spatula and it was at trace. I was rushing to get some color in and forcing it into the mold. Praying for no air pockets. But oh my it is a heavenly smelling disaster!

1450842628018.jpg

Latest posts

Back