Best Bay Rum Fragrance Oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raysofcolorado

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions where to buy a good Bay Rum Fragrance Oil? I tried WSP's but it just doesn't smell like traditional Bay Rum to me. Thanks

Well... I'm gonna guess that everyone's sense of what the Original Bay Rum should smell like is different. That being said, I think BB's smells like I want Bay Rum to smell. It is a dead on dupe of a bottle of Bay Rum aftershave my husband has from Bermuda. It's the right scent, but I want it stronger.

A lot of people recommended Oregon Trails' Bay Rum. I did soap it, but it's not the scent I'm looking for. It's a really nice, "Old Spice" type scent to me, but I don't want to call it Bay Rum. I'm still on a quest for a stronger scent.

You're welcome! Wanted to add that I purchased a bar of Bay Rum soap from a local maker in NC. She listed Bay Rum Essential Oil as the only fragrance. It really smells good and like I want it to smell. I did see a few companies that sell a Bay Rum EO, but most just list Bay EO.

i dont think bay rum is sna essential oil. I got one from sweetcakes that was good.

There's Bay EO, but not Bay Rum.

I've heard of people making a Bay Rum blend with EO's by using Bay eo (not Bay Laurel), Clove eo, Orange eo, and Allspice eo.
But with Bay, Clove & Allspice containing so much Eugenol, I wouldn't recommend that combination in skin products.

Yea I have only found Bay Essential Oil but I am trying to find a nice strong Bay Rum Fragrance Oil and figured before I spend a bunch of money trying different ones I would ask the wisdom of my fellow soapmakers.

I've honestly never smelled Bay Rum, but I checked the scent review board and a majority of the soapers gave really good reviews about SweetCakes' Bay Rum and Lebermuth's Bay Rum.

I too thought there is not a Bay Rum Essential Oil, but it's listed on one site. maybe Wellington? I'll have to look. Maybe they're just calling it Bay Rum EO, but i have seen it listed.

ohhhhhhhhh now I can't wait. I ordered that scent yesterday from BB. I was hoping it was more of a male scent and it sounds like it is.

I soaped Bay Rum from BB in October for Christmas. I gave it away to several family members, and the one who loved it most was my sister in law! I just gave her the last three bars I had left over from the October batch, and the scent was still holding strong.....7 months later, and I used 1 oz per pound.

Mouse said:
I soaped Bay Rum from BB in October for Christmas. I gave it away to several family members, and the one who loved it most was my sister in law! I just gave her the last three bars I had left over from the October batch, and the scent was still holding strong.....7 months later, and I used 1 oz per pound.

Thanks Mouse I really look forward to soaping with it.

Re:

Genny said:
There's Bay EO, but not Bay Rum.

I've heard of people making a Bay Rum blend with EO's by using Bay eo (not Bay Laurel), Clove eo, Orange eo, and Allspice eo.
But with Bay, Clove & Allspice containing so much Eugenol, I wouldn't recommend that combination in skin products.

I am getting ready to make a batch of bay soap that consist of Bergamot, Bay, Patchouli, and Cinnamon Orange Clove EO's. By my in-attention to detail the Bay EO is actually FO but it smells like the bay rum cologne I had from Bath and Body.

Back