BeScented FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MashEcon

Reaction score
Hi, I tried searching but didn’t come up with much…Do any of you use BeScented for FOs? How do they stick? I’ve recently been using WSP FOs with good results but they are so $$$ unless on sale! Thanks everyone!

I decided to give BeScented a try after discovering that the company is located in my state. I ordered BRV (was on sale), Love Spell, a Volcano dup called Tropical Paradise and Sandalwood FOs, pumice and polysorbate 80. Sunday’s order arrived today, which is a record fast delivery to my location unless I order from Amazon. The company is in the western part of Virginia and I’m near the coast. All FOs smell good to me OOB. As mentioned above, there aren’t many reviews posted. I will try to remember to report back on performance. The sale FO this week is a straight up blueberry scent.

I've thought about ordering from her in the past, but the lack of reviews caused me to not to.

I would be very interested in hearing any feedback on her specific Fragrances. I don't expect every Fragrance to be a winner. Knowing the winners and losers in CP would make purchasing from her much easier.

I have their sweater weather and Orange spice (not sure if that one would be safe under new IFRA guidelines), they were both long lasting, moved fairly fast, and discolored (first one to light brown, second a bit to yellow). Totally worth it though.
Sweater Weather is one of my favorite scents and I have it from several suppliers, including BeScented. It always discolors, and it has no vanillin. Which just goes to show you, it's not only vanillin that causes discoloration.

I have ordered several from BeScented (Bum Bum, Pure Grace, Daisy inspired by Marc Jacob, Beach, oatmeal milk & honey,
midnight bourbon, fresh & clean, etc.) The only one I wasn't impressed with was Bum Bum. In the bottle it smells great, but not in CP soap. At least to me. Beach inspired by Bobbi Brown is my favorite! One downside is they ship in plastic bottles🙁

I tested four Be Scented FOs and then made a batch of soap with BS Love Spell. I didn’t have any issues with acceleration in a tallow and lard base and 4 oz test bars. I will report back on color and scent once the colors settle down. The Volcano dup is very light tan right now and the lightest soap is the Love Spell which is off white. I think I used them at 4% and will confirm when I post the photo.

My soapy thing was smelling new FOs. :) Based on recommendations from others here, my order from California Candle Supply arrived yesterday. A friend happened to be there when I opened them. We agreed that they are all FANTASTIC, including Caramel Tobacco, Dragon's Blood, Hardwood Musk, White Tea, and the real surprise, Plumeria! I am generally not a big floral fan, but that one is soft, lovely, and not cloying or old-ladyish at all. I ordered a lb of each in order to get the free shipping with a 5lb order - so I'm really glad I love them all!

My soapy thing was smelling new FOs. :) Based on recommendations from others here, my order from California Candle Supply arrived yesterday. A friend happened to be there when I opened them. We agreed that they are all FANTASTIC, including Caramel Tobacco, Dragon's Blood, Hardwood Musk, White Tea, and the real surprise, Plumeria! I am generally not a big floral fan, but that one is soft, lovely, and not cloying or old-ladyish at all. I ordered a lb of each in order to get the free shipping with a 5lb order - so I'm really glad I love them all!
I like that California Candle Supply gives you the usage rates along with how they work in soap.

I tested four Be Scented FOs and then made a batch of soap with BS Love Spell. I didn’t have any issues with acceleration in a tallow and lard base and 4 oz test bars. I will report back on color and scent once the colors settle down. The Volcano dup is very light tan right now and the lightest soap is the Love Spell which is off white. I think I used them at 4% and will confirm when I post the photo.
Here are the discoloration and 2 month scent retention results for the BeScented (BS) FOs I tested, along with two from Oregon Trails (OT). The soaps were made on May 24, 2022 and as I mentioned above, I didn’t have any issues with acceleration in these 4 oz. test bars. All scents are holding well at 5% (corrected from above).

top row, left to right: BS Black Raspberry Vanilla, BS Love Spell, BS Tropical Paradise (Volcano dup)
bottom row, left to right: BS Sandalwood (a bit sweeter, amber?), OT Oatmeal, Milk & Honey, OT Mysore Sandalwood (closer to true sandalwood?, not sweet, more cologne)

DDE2C6EE-09AB-442C-A20E-C04AE012ED42.jpeg

Thank you so much for those testing notes!

OT's Mysore Sandalwood is a favorite, esp with some vanilla mixed in.

How do you like BS Tropical Paradise compared to the other Volcano dupe that y'all were raving about? I can't do most tropical scents, but I am so tempted to try it based on everyone's swooning. ;)

Thank you so much for those testing notes!

OT's Mysore Sandalwood is a favorite, esp with some vanilla mixed in.

How do you like BS Tropical Paradise compared to the other Volcano dupe that y'all were raving about? I can't do most tropical scents, but I am so tempted to try it based on everyone's swooning. ;)
I don’t know if I could bring myself to add a discoloring FO to the Mysore Sandalwood, but it sounds good.

As for the two Volcano scents, I personally think they smell very similar. The first notes I get from both are pineapple and citrus. There’s a bit of sweetness, but it’s not at all cloying to my nose. Before I bought the WSP version, I was mixing OT Caribbean pineapple and NS Satsuma. It was pretty close to what I remembered from smelling the Capri fragrance in a store last year and similar to the FOs. I wanted to try the Be Scented version because they’re in Virginia and I thought it would be nice to support an almost local business.

I love that the OT Sandalwood didn’t discolor? So many do. Although I have the WSP Sandalwood EO/FO blend and that doesn’t discolor at all either.
The notes on the OT website for Mysore Sandalwood are “The scent lasts and lasts and it holds and behaves perfectly in cold process soap, making a pure white soap bar.”

Back