Bert's Redwood Cedar Dupe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OliveOil2

Reaction score
Just a head's up for anyone who misses Bert;s Redwood Cedar. Tennessee Candle has an amazing dupe that has very good scent retention. It smells so good, exactly the same scent, if anything a little stronger. It is on sale now for $14.99. They are planning to dupe a couple more as well. I believe one will be Bert's cool water, which was a great FO.
I have used a few of their oils, and everything that I ordered has been a favorite, and for me that hardly ever happens!

It isn't a cologne type, it is woodsy. Here is the description on the site:

Redwood Cedar: Green Aldehydic , Piney and Fruity top notes with spicy and floral middle notes containing lily of the valley, rose and jasmine with sweet vanilla woody bottom notes ..

I placed an order for the Redwood Cedar, Peach Magnolia Raspberry and Tangerine Dream from Tennessee Candle. I soaped them yesterday, so I can't speak on how well they stick.

I do not like the Redwood Cedar. It reminds me of Teakwood & Cardamom from NG and I can't stand that one, but many love it so this may not necessarily be a bad thing. It does not smell woody enough for me. I will see if it changes into something nice over the cure. For a great woody fragrance, try Vanilla Rosewood from BB. I got a few bottles in a recent order and soaped it about 6 weeks ago. It's fantastic and sticks well.

Peach Magnolia Raspberry smells just like Summer Fling from BB to me. It's nice, strong and sweet. Since it smells just like Summer Fling, I'm going to soap them side by side and see which one sticks best and is the cheapest. This one would be nice mixed with a little more floral.

Tangerine Dream - Smelled artificial and chemically OOB. One day after soaping it smells exactly like baby aspirin, which brings back horrible memories and has always made me gag. Hopefully this will cure out nicer or can be used in blending.

Hope this helps someone. Feel free to chime in if you have tried any of these and they change after a long cure.

Latest posts

Back