Bergamot in CP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seaysoap

Reaction score
Been a while since I have been around. Still making soap as often as I can or as my few customers will allow. I am doing well with a citrus soap, but have heard that bergamot has a nice smell. Any one know how well it holds up.

Side note. When I use citrus oils I use a carrier scent like patchouli or lemon grass. Both of these will extend the citrus oils scent life. For example my batch of soap weights 90 oz. I put 1 tbs of lime, 2 tbs lemon grass, 3 orange and 4 lemon. This is more than i would normally use for most EO's but it is citrus and will still fade. I also make sure I have most of it sold prior to making it.

i used it in my very first soap and it is the best smelling one so far. the sent has stayed very well for me. i made a very small batch and used 1/8 oz for 16 ox oils.

I made 2 CP soaps with a 1:3 patchouli/bergamot essential oil blend a month or so ago. In both, the bergamot has faded almost beyond recognition.

sorry to hear that Danielito,

I am a newbie and wondering if you had 1:6 if that would have stayed longer. I have read that the base note to lock should be 1/10th of the scent you wish to lock. ( 1:10 ?) That would seem over powering to me....... but I am not fully experienced in that area and looking for some pointers on this area if anyone has any.

Val

i did it in HP and used only 16oz of oil. i also added 1tsp of the inside of a lipton ginger tea bag at trace. the scent is still going strong and smells great if you like bergamot.

Latest posts

Back