Benzyl benzoate

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunibee

Reaction score
Hello,
I saw this on a soap label..can anyone shed some light on this please .also why & how, &in what % do we incorporate it into a soap.
Thank you in Advance

Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Benzyl benzoate, Hexyl cinnamal, linalool, Alpha-isomethyl ionone, Benzyl salicylate, Geraniol are these fragrances ? Or fragrance binders is what the bet is saying. . 🤔

According to Benzyl Benzoate » EO Calc - Essential Oil Calculator it's a minor constituent of a few essential oils, i. e. a fragrance component.

“Fluorphlogopite” is a fancy way to say “mica”. Most other compounds are known allergens that naturally occur in EOs (they are explicitly listed even if natural, to make it easier for allergics to avoid them without knowing/disclosing all EOs used).

So wonderful.. thank you for making it so easy for me..Google was confusing me more. 👍👍
Thank you again ResolvableOwl

You're welcome. Actually it was a total stroke of luck, since I've remembered it only because I restocked on Peru balsam EO recently and stumbled upon that very compound too.

According to Benzyl Benzoate » EO Calc - Essential Oil Calculator it's a minor constituent of a few essential oils, i. e. a fragrance component.

“Fluorphlogopite” is a fancy way to say “mica”. Most other compounds are known allergens that naturally occur in EOs (they are explicitly listed even if natural, to make it easier for allergics to avoid them without knowing/disclosing all EOs used).

I was always under the impression that things like linalool and individual constituents were separated out of the EOs when they were listed. Are you saying when linalool is listed, it can actually be a citrus EO but they chose to only list the allergen?

Back