Bengal Kitty_Looking For

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I do not suppose anyone knows of someone with a Bengal kitty at a decent price. Maybe within a few states or in So Cal. My daughter had to put her 16 yr old Silver Bengal last Tuesday, sadly Cheryl's seizes are back and out of control. She is an epileptic and was told by her Neurologist when diagnosed to go out and get a kitty, which is when she acquired her Bengal Jasmine. Apparently cats are good at sensing seizures and the purring is calming for Cheryl's type of seizures. She would be happy with any shelter rescue kitten but after owing two Bengal cats her husband is being stubborn and telling a Bengal or nothing. While he has good points he is far from perfect. I know of a breeder but cannot afford his cost of $1300 and the other lady that had a mixed Bengal for $500 has already sold them. Figured I would ask just in case. My mixed Silver Bengal is 14 so too old to rehome to her.

I looked on PetFinder.com. Here is one advertised as being available in Upland:Adopt A058292 on Petfinder

ETA: if you search "Bengal" in Petfinder, there seem to be quite a few Bengals and Bengal mixes. Not all are in SoCal, but a few of them are. Hope you find something soon!

I looked on PetFinder.com. Here is one advertised as being available in Upland:Adopt A058292 on Petfinder

ETA: if you search "Bengal" in Petfinder, there seem to be quite a few Bengals and Bengal mixes. Not all are in SoCal, but a few of them are. Hope you find something soon!
We checked on her a few days ago, apparently, she has disposition problems. My daughter found one today, but the lady sells them for $3k and has a waiting list of 200 for 4 kitties.

Apparently this kitty is meant to be. She just approved my daughter and discounted the kitty from $3K, to $1500.00, because of her epilepsy so I will probably go to her storage and see what I can destash, and see what I can destash to help earn the money. There goes her new refrigerator money! Of course, mommy will get to help out with some of the cost. On top of that, I will have to drive over 70 miles to pick up the kitty and figure out how to get it 650 miles to her. They are beautiful.

Attachments

• Bengal.jpeg
    Bengal.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 23
We checked on her a few days ago, apparently, she has disposition problems. My daughter found one today, but the lady sells them for $3k and has a waiting list of 200 for 4 kitties.

Apparently this kitty is meant to be. She just approved my daughter and discounted the kitty from $3K, to $1500.00, because of her epilepsy so I will probably go to her storage and see what I can destash, and see what I can destash to help earn the money. There goes her new refrigerator money! Of course, mommy will get to help out with some of the cost. On top of that, I will have to drive over 70 miles to pick up the kitty and figure out how to get it 650 miles to her. They are beautiful.

They are soo cute. Start a go fund me account. People are always willing to help those with medical conditions for support animals. I would donate. :)

They are soo cute. Start a go fund me account. People are always willing to help those with medical conditions for support animals. I would donate. :)
Thank you Shari, but I hate doing that, besides the family I have would bash me for it. This blasted you know what and loss of my markets have really hurt the extra money. ☹ Plus her dad, as wonderful as he is, has never accepted she is no well, even after giving him the epilepsy reports and rheumatoid reports. Men...

We had a girl that sang at one of our markets, another that looked fine who had a support dog. I used to get angry at my husband because he would say she looks fine to me why would she need a support animal, hers was given to her from a foundation. She was a person with severe Grand Mal Seizure disorder, sadly her dog died from getting up on her bed and eating an editable THC chocolate bar. This was before the new CBD without THC. I recently asked my former market manager if she ever received another dog and the foundation has never approved her for another one, as they shouldn't. My daughter has temporal lobe and frontal lobe from an injury inflicted from my sister's oldest daughter bashing a chair across her head, and literally ruined Cheryl's life. It is frightening when she has up to 40 a day she can die from the seizures and now she lives in a tiny town with no decent medical help. A 5yr old recently died from a rattlesnake bite because the doctors at the little hospital refused to give her antivenom and the medivac helicopter could not be located, so the parents just sat there while their daughter died in their arms. I guarantee my Daughter & SIL would have ad their daughter in their car and hit that highway for Reno as fast as their car would go while on the phone with 911.

My sister should be buying the kitty for my daughter, but we know how that would go. The half-sister that takes out restraining orders against me. I might see if my oldest would set up a Go Fund, she just might. Okay, I am done now, sorry this ended up so long. I guess this is what staying at home does...;) too much time to type.

Last edited:
Thank you Shari, but I hate doing that, besides the family I have would bash me for it. This blasted you know what and loss of my markets have really hurt the extra money. ☹ Plus her dad, as wonderful as he is, has never accepted she is no well, even after giving him the epilepsy reports and rheumatoid reports. Men...

We had a girl that sang at one of our markets, another that looked fine who had a support dog. I used to get angry at my husband because he would say she looks fine to me why would she need a support animal, hers was given to her from a foundation. She was a person with severe Grand Mal Seizure disorder, sadly her dog died from getting up on her bed and eating an editable THC chocolate bar. This was before the new CBD without THC. I recently asked my former market manager if she ever received another dog and the foundation has never approved her for another one, as they shouldn't. My daughter has temporal lobe and frontal lobe from an injury inflicted from my sister's oldest daughter bashing a chair across her head, and literally ruined Cheryl's life. My sister should be buying the kitty for my daughter, but we know how that would go. I might see if my oldest would set up a Go Fund, she just might.

Gosh, I'm so so sorry! Let me know.....

We had a girl that sang at one of our markets, another that looked fine who had a support dog. I used to get angry at my husband because he would say she looks fine to me why would she need a support animal, hers was given to her from a foundation. She was a person with severe Grand Mal Seizure disorder, sadly her dog died from getting up on her bed and eating an editable THC chocolate bar. This was before the new CBD without THC. I recently asked my former market manager if she ever received another dog and the foundation has never approved her for another one, as they shouldn't. My daughter has temporal lobe and frontal lobe from an injury inflicted from my sister's oldest daughter bashing a chair across her head, and literally ruined Cheryl's life. My sister should be buying the kitty for my daughter, but we know how that would go. I might see if my oldest would set up a Go Fund, she just might.
As long as the Go Fund is for your daughter, I think people here would help regardless of who set it up. I'm sorry your family is making things even more difficult.
ETA: those kittens are so adorable!

I think we are going to do it. My daughter will probably be irritated at us too, but she will get over it, she has been mad at her sister and me before, it never lasts long.

Cheryl is calling her doctor now to get a letter certification so she can register the kitty for emotional support for her seizures.

Wow, I look fine too until I get a certain headache that messes with my balance or until I talk for a few minutes. You husband may learn one day that disabilities can not always be seen or noticed at first glance. More importantly, those kitties are gorgeous and I hope this works out for you two. I'm sorry for the recent loss but as we all know, time heals.

Wow, I look fine too until I get a certain headache that messes with my balance or until I talk for a few minutes. You husband may learn one day that disabilities can not always be seen or noticed at first glance. More importantly, those kitties are gorgeous and I hope this works out for you two. I'm sorry for the recent loss but as we all know, time heals.
He does not seem to realize that not all disabilities are seen. Time certainly heals but it does not always help the unstoppable seizures. Once her brain goes off-kilter it is so hard to get it going right again.

He does not seem to realize that not all disabilities are seen. Time certainly heals but it does not always help the unstoppable seizures. Once her brain goes off-kilter it is so hard to get it going right again.
I was referring to the departed kitty. Seizures are a whole other thing.

I am scraping up the money. I did not set up the Gofundme as I got told here I cannot post any links and unfortunately none of my family will help and most of our friends are now gone.

Just a short rant about Gofundme Funds. My Son IN Law's drug/heroine dependent sister recently had several heat attacks landing her in ICU. (huge back story with his manipulative loser mother/family). My daughter's husband's other sister set up a gofundme and has raised 4k for her grown kids, one an addict like his mother and one raised by her kids (ex) father in a wealthy family. They said she was brain dead yada yada, but now a miracle happened and she checked herself out of the hospital now disappearing. I am sure she is looking for drugs.

Do you think one family member would help get my daughter a support kitty nope? His mom has never ever seen my granddaughter Autumn and even told my daughter years ago Trevor was not her daddy. LOL, she looks just like her daddy!! Sadly deep inside Trevor he still wants his mom to be a mom and it will never happen. She left him with a man to raise him that set his bedroom on fire to kill him. Years later he found out the man was not his dad. Done with my Rant...

Anyhoo here is a pic of a 3k Bengal. Because of my daughter's health, she sold the kitty to my daughter for $1500.00 giving her pick of the litter other than the one female going to a breeder.

ETA to explain my rant better. This Covid mess has me really bored to type so much and gripe so much...

Attachments

• Sammy.jpeg
    Sammy.jpeg
    82.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 4357.3gp.jpg
    4357.3gp.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I am scraping up the money. I did not set up the Gofundme as I got told here I cannot post any links and unfortunately none of my family will help and most of our friends are now gone.

Just a short rant about Gofundme Funds. My SIL's drug/heroine dependent sister recently had several heat attacks landing her in ICU. (huge back story with his manipulative loser mother/family). His sister set up a fundraising 4k for her grown kids, one an addict like his mother and one raised by the (ex) father in a wealthy family. They said she was brain dead yada yada, but now a miracle happened but she checked herself out of the hospital and has disappeared.

Do you think one family member would help get my daughter a support kitty nope? His mom has never ever seen my granddaughter Autumn and even told my daughter years ago Trevor was not her daddy. LOL, she looks just like her daddy!! Sadly deep inside Trevor he still wants his mom to be a mom and it will never happen. She left him with a man to raise him that set his bedroom on fire to kill him. Years later he found out the man was not his dad. Done with my Rant...

Anyhoo here is a pic of a 3k Bengal. Because of my daughter's health, she sold the kitty to my daughter for $1500.00 giving her pick of the litter other than the one female going to a breeder.

Such a precious kitty. I can't comment on crap dads due to not having one in my life but if your daughter's father was/is different from his parents, he should be reminded of that. Just a thank you at the least.

Such a precious kitty. I can't comment on crap dads due to not having one in my life but if your daughter's father was/is different from his parents, he should be reminded of that. Just a thank you at the least.
I do remind him of that, he knows it, but he wants so badly for his family to be a real family. He has issues from coming from such an abusive background but on the whole he is a good person. Believe Arimara no dad or mom is better than what my son in law was raised with. He was also beaten with 2x4's. My daughter has seen the police reports, from when he was a child but he was always returned back home.

Latest posts

Back