Belated introduction

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LisaAnne, thank you for sharing your story. It seems that you have set yourself a goal and are on your way to reaching it. I have several friends and family members who have struggled with addiction (alcohol and/or drugs), and how difficult maintaining sobriety can be. Some struggle daily, others less often, but all face the struggle to remain sober at some point. Good luck with your plan and reaching your goal.

Wow, thats impressive. And I hear you about having something to DO, to look forward to, to create. That makes a lot of sense. I have no advice other than maybe including other bath and body products as well in time? It just sounds right to make things that cleanse and soothe.

LisaAnne,
Congratulations on 6 years of freedom. You are not alone. At 61 I turned 16 and continue to live sober and free.

Do not be too surprised if you run in to some resistance about helping the folks in treatment to sell. I would think that a way to get your foot in the door would be to offer a craft for them to be learning - like as in arts and crafts - to get started. Go from there and see what happens.
Do not be afraid to share your story with them either. You just might save someone's life.

Steve

LisaAnne I think you are incredibly brave, congratulate you on your soberness, and I support your vision 100%. I can't speak to your struggles but I do know a successful coffee shop downtown in my town started as a similar dream. Everyone that works there are part of a recovery center and they are so passionate about having a vision and purpose to focus on. I wish you much success!

LisaAnne, thank you for using your own experiences to help others. Hope all goes well with your plan. Oh, and welcome to the forum.:)

I am so inspired and moved by your story. You will find that having the spirit to help others often times benefits the person trying to give the help. It's an awesome idea and I as an artist am totally supportive of anything that allows one to create regardless of the circumstance. That being said, if you can't get that school or facility to let you teach there, find you a small storefront or a YMCA to help you. Much good luck and success with your venture!!!

Sounds interesting. I think it is not really teaching them to go on to be selling soap as such, but rather working together IN the clinics on the project as a way to focus and learn general skills, get money to get things sorted out and to go on to work elsewhere in what ever it is that they want to - the soaping itself is a sort of treatment and a means of getting them some cash for their needs, rather than each individual going on to start a soaping company, if I read that right?

Sounds interesting. I think it is not really teaching them to go on to be selling soap as such, but rather working together IN the clinics on the project as a way to focus and learn general skills, get money to get things sorted out and to go on to work elsewhere in what ever it is that they want to - the soaping itself is a sort of treatment and a means of getting them some cash for their needs, rather than each individual going on to start a soaping company, if I read that right?

Correct, it is to instil work ethics and a way to earn money. Also a way to feel good about themselves.

LisaAnne,
Congratulations on 6 years of freedom. You are not alone. At 61 I turned 16 and continue to live sober and free.

Do not be too surprised if you run in to some resistance about helping the folks in treatment to sell. I would think that a way to get your foot in the door would be to offer a craft for them to be learning - like as in arts and crafts - to get started. Go from there and see what happens.
Do not be afraid to share your story with them either. You just might save someone's life.

Steve

Thank you so much for sharing Steve, love hearing of successes. I had a long, insightful and somewhat humorous response to you but it got lost in transmission. So, a "high 5" will have to do and I appreciate your thoughts!

Thank you all for the nice sentiments. This really isn't about me, I am a small piece of a very large puzzle.

Back