Beginner with Sea Moss soap.. help lol

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x.xbbgx.x

Reaction score
Hi so I actually want to learn how to make soap.. but have no "expert" knowledge how. I have watched some videos on the melt and pour process for making sea moss soap, but I guess I don't understand the oils and butters and everything else you have to add in there.
Can yall please help me with this?

So with melt and pour you actually don't need to add anything extra in as far as oils and butters go. You can just melt down the melt and pout soap base and color and remold it any way you like. It's already soap so adding extra oils into it are not going to get turned into soap like it does in Cold or Hot Process soapmaking. In cold and hot process soap, you are adding a lye solution to oils to create a chemical reaction called "saponification" to basically turn the oils into soap. There is no saponification in melt and pour so you shouldn't have to add any more oils or butters.

May I ask what videos you were watching so that we can maybe help you understand what it is you would like to create?

Latest posts

Back