Beeswax

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kafm73

Reaction score
i have a bunch of beeswax leftover from other projects and I was wanting to incorporate beeswax in making cold process soap. I realize that this is a little different than a straightforward recipe. Is it that advanced? I was planning on trying it after I get a couple more soap making sessions under my belt. I also plan on making more lotion bars and actually would like to make some large size lip gloss like container things (Idk what they’re actually called) to put my bars in and use those for feet...do you know any vendors or companies that sell a large size like that? Thank you in advance !!!

I also plan on making more lotion bars and actually would like to make some large size lip gloss like container things (Idk what they’re actually called) to put my bars in and use those for feet...do you know any vendors or companies that sell a large size like that? Thank you in advance !!!
Are you talking about those plastic deodorant containers that you twist up from the bottle? I bet they're easy to find there...

This is my go to for beeswax (and honey). I have it bookmarked and share it with anyone who asks here. Do a search, there are recent threads on beeswax too.

Are you talking about those plastic deodorant containers that you twist up from the bottle? I bet they're easy to find there...

This is my go to for beeswax (and honey). I have it bookmarked and share it with anyone who asks here. Do a search, there are recent threads on beeswax too.
I was hoping to find something similar to deodorant containers, but not shaped the same. I did look around online and Amazon has some round twist up containers, but bigger for what I’m wanting to do. And I found a few places that would sell and not have a minimum order, but shipping is really ridiculous on certain sites. So far on Amazon (free shipping), I haven’t found a small quantity of the round ones yet...thanks for the link, I’m going to check now!

I was hoping to find something similar to deodorant containers, but not shaped the same. I did look around online and Amazon has some round twist up containers, but bigger for what I’m wanting to do. And I found a few places that would sell and not have a minimum order, but shipping is really ridiculous on certain sites. So far on Amazon (free shipping), I haven’t found a small quantity of the round ones yet...thanks for the link, I’m going to check now!

Check Elements Bath and Body. They have round twist up tubes in several different sizes.

Check Elements Bath and Body. They have round twist up tubes in several different sizes.
Ok, thanks! I found the perfect containers at WSP, but there was an 8.95 shipping charge (for 4 very small items) and then ANOTHER handling fee of $5.95, so for $5 worth of items, I would've paid $15 in shipping and handling, so I didn't order through them!

Ok, thanks! I found the perfect containers at WSP, but there was an 8.95 shipping charge (for 4 very small items) and then ANOTHER handling fee of $5.95, so for $5 worth of items, I would've paid $15 in shipping and handling, so I didn't order through them!
$25 order will get the so-called "free shipping" but the handling fee stays. Nothing is truly free shipping since the cost is built into each item. What size tubes were you looking at and how many do you need? I have a couple of sizes.

$25 order will get the so-called "free shipping" but the handling fee stays. Nothing is truly free shipping since the cost is built into each item. What size tubes were you looking at and how many do you need? I have a couple of sizes.
I was looking at the 2-3 oz kind of short, fat tubes. I only want to make a few, they last forever. I don’t mind paying shipping in the Priority Mail range, those tubes don’t weigh a thing. They could be mailed in a bubble wrap envelope, truly. Thanks, let me know if you have any I could buy from you!

If you only want a few, then why just buy something in the tubes and save the tubes for re-use. At Dollar General, Walgreens and various other stores here locally I can buy pure cocoa butter in tubes about the size you might be looking at that should work just fine. The tubes of Cocoa Butter look like this:

upload_2019-7-30_3-5-16.png

or this:

upload_2019-7-30_3-5-45.png

The cost per tube is fairly low if you buy at Dollar General as opposed to Walgreens, etc.

If you only want a few, then why just buy something in the tubes and save the tubes for re-use. At Dollar General, Walgreens and various other stores here locally I can buy pure cocoa butter in tubes about the size you might be looking at that should work just fine. The tubes of Cocoa Butter look like this:

View attachment 40631

or this:

View attachment 40632

The cost per tube is fairly low if you buy at Dollar General as opposed to Walgreens, etc.
Well, because I didn't think of it, and because I haven't seen very many commercial products out in that form. I did have a "Heel" stick that got lost, then found. I cleaned the tube out last night, so I will definitely use that. I guess I did think of it after all!!! I have a Dollar General and Walgreens within a couple of miles...I could go check out what they have here in my area. Thanks!!

You might want to check out 5 and Below, if you have one. I don't think they are supposed to ship things like tubes in envelopes because even though they fit, they don't go through the scanners at the post office right. I'm making this guess because when I was looking at shipping soap in envelopes, the envelopes had a maximum thickness of 1" or so. So, even though the soap would fit, it still wasn't allowed. I assume it has to do with the machines and scanners.

SKS Bottle is a good source for packaging, but they have large-ish quantities. Shipping packaging is always going to suck, lol. I'd suggest putting together a large enough order that it is worth it to you.

Hint hint - WSP is having an FO sale tonight. ;) And Brambleberry has their silicone molds on sale for 25% off.

You might want to check out 5 and Below, if you have one. I don't think they are supposed to ship things like tubes in envelopes because even though they fit, they don't go through the scanners at the post office right. I'm making this guess because when I was looking at shipping soap in envelopes, the envelopes had a maximum thickness of 1" or so. So, even though the soap would fit, it still wasn't allowed. I assume it has to do with the machines and scanners.

SKS Bottle is a good source for packaging, but they have large-ish quantities. Shipping packaging is always going to suck, lol. I'd suggest putting together a large enough order that it is worth it to you.

Hint hint - WSP is having an FO sale tonight. ;) And Brambleberry has their silicone molds on sale for 25% off.
Thanks for this info. SKS bottle sounds very familiar. I’ve purchased EO’s and all things that go with natural perfume making in the past, so I’ve used a few different companies. Shipping cost is a pain sometimes but not as bad as when I purchase my aquarium fish online, lol!!

Back