Beeswax candle with wooden wick

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xacts360

Reaction score
I am trying to make beeswax candle with wooden wick but facing som problem in it , the wax is getting pillered in the middle and a lot of wax are getting wasted on sides.

Also the wick is not burning property it is just showing black stick bit I am not able to see the fire property.

Could you please help me create a better candle

Attachments

• IMG_20210716_103559.jpg
    IMG_20210716_103559.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20210716_103527.jpg
    IMG_20210716_103527.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 13
The wick is not big enough to handle the hardness and high temp of the beeswax. You will either need to change your wick, or find a bigger wooden wick to test with.

Aside from needing a larger wooden wick to create a full melt pool, wooden wicks usually need to be trimmed with each burn. You can use a wick trimmer or just pinch off the blackened portion of the wick with your fingers before lighting the candle. This should give you more of the fire property/crackling sound that makes wooden wicks popular.

You will need to try either
1) a larger wick size for the heat required for beeswax
2) if you can get hold of a double wood wick - where it is thicker
Or 3) you could try using the same wick your using but use 2 on either side of the candle, this creates a larger burn pool

Candle making is all about testing and more testing

Latest posts

Back