Beer Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know. Had no acceleration issues like this with my previous beer soaps using the same preparations. Only this time I used Guiness and 33% lye concentration.

But agreed on alcohol traces can be drying.

Properly prepared beer won't cause acceleration, if it did then some of the alcohol was still left in it. I simmer a 16 oz bottle of double dark chocolate stout down to 2-3 ounce then add that at emulsion. That way I don't have to mix the lye directly with the beer and I can reserve a bit of batter that has no beer for the head. This is my double dark beer soap, no FO or added color, just the beer.

vyb2wo.jpg

Properly prepared beer won't cause acceleration, if it did then some of the alcohol was still left in it. I simmer a 16 oz bottle of double dark chocolate stout down to 2-3 ounce then add that at emulsion. That way I don't have to mix the lye directly with the beer and I can reserve a bit of batter that has no beer for the head. This is my double dark beer soap, no FO or added color, just the beer.

vyb2wo.jpg

Cool! Will try this way next time

Back