Beer soap with EOs?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawni

Reaction score
Is there an EO blend that would go well with a beer soap? Does it matter what kind of beer it'll be? Lol

For reference, it'll end up looking more or less like the soap here. I'm thinking I'd settle for something that matches what it looks like, if I can't get it to smell of something associated with beer.

Thanks for any suggestions I can try
Oh, please note that this soap will be sold sometime in the near future.....

It's nice to see you back Dawni! For some odd reason, I like orange scents in beer soap. Personally, I love orange and patchouli, but it also blends well with just about everything.

It's nice to be back.. And to see all of you!

Thanks for that, I'm gonna sniff tomorrow n see what it's like... If I get enough suggestions I'll make a batch in individual molds and scent each differently and ask others here.

hi, Used a Local Maple Porter Beer to make this one. FO was 'maple walnut fudge'. Going with "Maple Syrup" next batch. I'm very much into maple. 96410084_639125483483306_5916266344424144896_n.jpg

Hey lady! It's good to see you back in the saddle again!

I love beer soaps... so sudsy... I even call mine "Sudsweiser", a take-off of "Budweiser"which is popular here in the States.

The best beer for soaping IMHO is Guinness. It's a dark stout with lots of goodies in it that's good for hair, which is what I like to use it for. I follow up with a (cheap) beer rinse to clear soap scum, add body and shine. What a treat! Compared to the very pretty batch of beer soap you made previously, it will result in a much darker shade of brown.

TIP: Instead of boiling off the alcohol, just open the bottle or can and let set out for a day or so. You know, when you're cleaning up after a party all the leftover beer has gone flat? That's what happens when you leave it uncapped for a day. Then you can use the whole bottle/can for your liquid.

Finding the right fragrance is an unnecessary challenge. Unless you can find one that smells like Hops. I gave up and settled for unfragranced soap. It's a good thing.

HAPPY SOAPING!

hi, Used a Local Maple Porter Beer to make this one. FO was 'maple walnut fudge'. Going with "Maple Syrup" next batch. I'm very much into maple.View attachment 48638
These are so pretty!
Unfortunately I am limited by cost to only EOs for now.... And also, there's a very limited range available here and I don't want my soap smelling like everyone else's lol so I'm not buying FOs yet.

This bacon, beer (Guinness), chocolate, and coffee soap just finished curing. I just scented it with lavender, fir, and lemongrass EO. So, it smells like none of it’s other ingredients. That might confuse folks at first, but it’s very nice to use!

Attachments

• 5BB43704-5CCD-4DC9-9C56-A57069D53886.jpeg
    5BB43704-5CCD-4DC9-9C56-A57069D53886.jpeg
    173.4 KB · Views: 18
I used a FO for my last beer soap but it was sandalwood patchouli. You probably won't have the sandalwood portion, but some woody/patch scent might be nice.

I would use any EO's you want in a beer soap, the beer scent rarely comes through (the only ones I have experienced with a mild malty smell to them have been heavy porters and stouts). These days there is a lot of flavor experimentation going on in the craft beer world with flavors such as cucumber basil, pineapple ham, or blackberry mint, it's my personal opinion that you can create your own scent for beer soap and it won't be wrong.

My white beer soap used a combo of 20g orange peel eo,10g lemon fo (because lemon eo fades too fast), and 10g ginger eo. Folks like it a lot and says the ginger and orange peel eo really compliments each other, makes it refreshing without too spicy. Despite being a citrus eo, orange peel eo surprisingly last very well.

@Megan and @Misschief you two are on the same page! Might have to try that book too hehehe

@TashaBird.. Beer, chocolate and coffee are some of my favourite things! Haha

@Anstarx, for some reason my first thought also included something citrusy..

@lsg I have no idea yet where to get that, might have to check.. I don't even know what n it's like unfortunately

@Zany_in_CO yes, unscented beer soap is definitely a possibility, and @amd so is anything else I will think of lol

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I'm gonna do some sniffing tomorrow soon as I get time.

I agree with @amd, any scent would work. I typically use Bud Light Lime for my soap (don't want to waste good beer in soap!! LOL) so I typically scent with lime. But since the beer scent rarely if ever comes through in soap after a full cure, I feel you can scent it with any EO that is not going to fade out to nothing (another reason I use lime, it's one of the few EOs that doesn't tend to fade)

Latest posts

Back