Beer Soap w/hops

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chlobue

Reaction score
Want to make beer soap for FATHERS DAY. I have the very flat dark beer. I would like to infuse the ground hops in the OO. Could anyone tell me how many oz. per # I should add. I realize it won't have much ,if any, beer smell. I just thought it is something wifes would buy for their husbands just because it was made w/beer.
Any HELP WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.
thanks in advance!!! :D :D :D

I don't think there is any fast rule on oil infusions. It's more of a trial an error thing. I haven't infused hops but to give you an example - it takes much more calendula petals than lavender buds to get the scent strength I am looking for.

Maybe use the hops as an additive for scrubbiness? My male clients love scrubby soaps.

first off, make sure the beer is totally, totally flat....i speak from a bubbly, messy experience.

i added hops flowers as an additive to a beer soap and did about a tablespoon-ish (maybe a little more) ppo, and added a few to the top just for looks.

Great idea!! I've so wanted to try it as a liquid/bar type shampoo utilizing the benefits of beer in hair. You might want to infuse your oils with the hops like three days before you start. That would be so cool.

You can infused them as staed above but then add about a tsp of *ground* hops to the soap pot! :wink:

I just made a batch last weekend using coco powder and turmeric for swirls was trying for the swirls in the pot but ended up blending altogether but I still like the way it turned out. I left it unscented and DH says it smells like chocolate chip cookie dough.

Sonja

Latest posts

Back