Beer soap process

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah thanks for sharing George! I had a similar experience with my beer soap. I tried to add as much beer ingredients as possible and all I ended up with was a good but earthy scented soap, no remnants of beer aroma left over. I'm thinking of attempting to mimic the aromas of my IPA with grapefruit and citrus/pine EOs.

Please let us know if you end up trying to superfat at the end with the hop infused oil and whether that works or not.. Sounds promising.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the beer soap! Definitely sounds like an ambitious batch, but it's great to experiment to see what works and what doesn't. I still haven't used any ground hops in mine. I'm thinking about maybe trying a small test batch with a very small amount of finely ground hops to see if it adds anything to the final product. If not, maybe just sprinkling a few on the top to make it look cool. :)

I added ground hops pellets to my beer soap recently. I used Galena hops because it's what we had available that wasn't suitable for brewing anymore. I sadly did not measure them- just threw a handful in half of my batter. I don't really smell the hops now after 2 weeks. I just did a handwashing test, and there is a gentle scrubby texture to it.
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1445195365.112493.jpg

Back