Beer soap! Grass soap! Salt soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seawolfe

Reaction score
Doesn't it sound like a party?

The beer soap was my very first soap with beer. I used an entire bottle of Arrogant Bastard Ale, froze half of it for the liquid with the lye, and boiled down the other half to about 2 ounces of syrup that I added at trace to half the batch - then layered the two. I like how that line in the middle just showed up! It is unscented and after two weeks it just smells a little hoppy, which as a brewer I quite like.

The "grass" soap is the green and blue one, scented with Brambleberry's Grass stain FO. The soap is 80% lard, the blue is indigo and the green is green oxide and green clay. I'm really loving the scent, and I'm pleased with how the layers worked out - I cant wait till its finished curing.

The salt soap is my basic 80% CO, 5% Castor with 15% almond oil this time, and coconut water as the liquid plus (too little) indigo. I sorta swirled some gold mica and green oxide about and splattered on top. I cut a bit early on the bars, so I got the stucco look, but I'm ok with that.

beer soap.jpg

Green and blue lard soap.jpg

Salt bar w almond and coconut milk.jpg

beer grass and salt soaps.jpg

Love grass stain from bb. Made one with green sea clay, bentonite clay, and green sea kelp.. and am totally in like with the way it turned out, very earthy. Haven't done a beer soap as we prefer to consume our beer. Lol.
The stucco look is perfect, especially with the colors.

Keep em coming they all look great

I usually use all EO's, but I am experimenting with FO's, and its been pretty hit and miss. This Grass Stain scent is a keeper - I really really like it.

LOL yeah I had to hide the beer from hubby so he wouldn't drink it before I could use it :) And I really really wanted to use Arrogant Bastard Ale because inside, Im 12 years old still :p

Those are beautiful!

What does the grass fragrance smell like... Like grass? I know its a silly question, but I am trying to understand what would be appealing of a grass smell. Im going to make a large order with BB in the next couple days so I am deciding on FO.

Thanks!

Those are beautiful!

What does the grass fragrance smell like... Like grass? I know its a silly question, but I am trying to understand what would be appealing of a grass smell. Im going to make a large order with BB in the next couple days so I am deciding on FO.

Thanks!

I think it very close to actual fresh cut grass.

Beautiful collection! I actually like the stucco look on the salt bars. Looks, I dunno... SALTY! LOL

Those are beautiful!

Thanks!

Jaccart...I'm glad you asked, because I was thinking the same thing :)

They all look great, but my favorite one is the grass one...love the swirl.

They all look awesome, I recently tried my salt bars with the same oil combo but no coconut milk and I love them! And seriously stop giving me more fragrances to buy... my poor wallet is screaming already! lol! :D

Love them! I need to try a beer soap. Does the beer typically give such a rich brown and smell like hops? I suppose you could complement it with a fo if so (i love using fo's). And one question, I'm in love with bramble berry's sweetgrass fo. It is so far probably my favorite fo I've smelled (granted I've only smelled appx 10 lol). Well, do you know if grass stain smells similar to sweetgrass? I've seen it and contemplated trying it out.
Love the soaps!!! Awesome the pencil line showed up on its own:)
Edit to say, totally jealous on the indigo powder. Dying to get it and try it out!

I've never tried BB's sweetgrass FO - I hope someone chimes in with an answer to that, I'd like to know too.

I've seen lighter beer soaps if someone uses one of the BMCs or similar (Bud, Miller, Coors), but those are so filtered I couldn't see the point. I wanted a beer soap to be really beery if that makes any sense. And that spontaneous pencil line makes it a definite do-again.

You really did a great job seawolfe. I like the beer soap -the line showing up was a great addition. I've made an outstanding soap out of newcastle and honey. Darn good, soap friend. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back