Beer Soap CP - Today's Creation!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsmeroro

Reaction score
Hey All

Wanted to boast like a proud mom... here is my newest soap - Guiness Lager beer soap - CP. I am trying out a "no gel" thing to see how it turns out - currently its in the fridge next to the milk. :) I will report back about how this turns out. Its a really pretty butter scotch color - all natural with Lemon EO and Litsea EO.

Beer was set out and boiled for 20 to 30 minutes - then set in the fridge over night. No sieze issues. Really smooth to make - and I did not check temps at all...

2493108981_afb89d8da7.jpg

Wow! That's really pretty! Is that surface of the mold the biggest face on your product rectangles? Or the edge?

I'd like to see a recipe for a beer soap, and the benefits of such.

It looks good enough to eat. Is there some disease I need to be aware of, where soapers eat their product? ;)

Lovehound said:
Wow! That's really pretty! Is that surface of the mold the biggest face on your product rectangles? Or the edge?

I'd like to see a recipe for a beer soap, and the benefits of such.

It looks good enough to eat. Is there some disease I need to be aware of, where soapers eat their product? ;)

te he he he! LOL. Thanks for the compliments... This is a Silver Moon mold (LOVE IT!!!) and the top textured edge will be the top edge of the bar. I get 20 - 1 inch thich bars from this mold.

They do have slab molds - but I am not great at cutting uniform slabs and have opted to stick with this size.

Yea, I know what you mean about being tempted to eat the soap -- I have a severe sweet tooth and seeing it tonight makes me want butter scotch! lol. Hope the pretty color stays. I think the dark ale helps with the color. It does make the house really smelly. I will find the recipe and send it to you.

:) Cheers!

Looks nice! My beer soap never looks that good. It doesn't look good at all actually. :) Great job!

WOW you go away with using Guinness? My hubby would fall on the ground and die if I tried that! That is nice looking soap. You know that soapmakerman makes log cutters and molds? They are the bestest to use and they are priced great!! You should check out his ETSY site!!!

dragonfly princess said:
WOW you go away with using Guinness? My hubby would fall on the ground and die if I tried that! That is nice looking soap. You know that soapmakerman makes log cutters and molds? They are the bestest to use and they are priced great!! You should check out his ETSY site!!!

hehehe... thanks DFP! My hubby stole --- uh saved a few from the pack when I was not looking! He about had a coronary when I began to boil it!

I cut the log this morning and I think it really should have gone into the freezer -- it barely started to gel and I have end cuts that have round shapes in them from a sort of partial gel... its ok though.

I have the log cutter from Creek Side Soaps - which fits the 3 x 3.5 log size I have in the SM mold... works great cause I can crinkle or straight cut my bars. Good price and super fast shipping! (I am not patient!) lol.

I did try Paul's molds - but really had issues with the liner/dividers - they kept "suctioning to my bars" and were tough to remove. Prob my fault, by I kept botching batches. (pre HPDE) and also I needed a different bar size.

That is ok - it worked out for the best. My SM molds are laytex lined and have removable sides for ease of log removal. Super great customer service and really fast shipping. Wish it had a lid though... that is the only thing.

BTW - the soap smells devine! I DO want to taste it! egh.

Rachelle, if I were your hubby I wouldn't mind if you just bought a full case instead of a six-pack. :)

Heck, do your soapmaking while he's watching the big game. After he's a few beers into the first six-pack he probably won't even notice you're boiling his beer, as long as you don't interrupt the game other than to bring him more snacks. ;) ;) ;)

Greg

Lovehound said:
Rachelle, if I were your hubby I wouldn't mind if you just bought a full case instead of a six-pack. :)

Heck, do your soapmaking while he's watching the big game. After he's a few beers into the first six-pack he probably won't even notice you're boiling his beer, as long as you don't interrupt the game other than to bring him more snacks. ;) ;) ;)

Greg

Hm - it comes in a case??!?? :p WOW gotta go get that now! He has only been bringing home 6 packs... LOL. Prob thinking "wife's gonna kill more beer tonight... what a waste..."

hehehehe. I even asked tonight if it was sacrilidge - boiling down good beer - I dont drink beer -- he is ok with it so far. Sort of makes me feel bad -- specially since its the only beer in the house right now.

As for watching a game - um - no. He's into diesel pullers and "man" bonding with his diesel buddies: although the snacks are a good idea.

LOL - Cheers! :lol:

itsmeroro said:
Beer was set out and boiled for 20 to 30 minutes - then set in the fridge over night. No sieze issues. Really smooth to make - and I did not check temps at all...

They look marvelous!!! I have been thinking of a beer shampoo bar.

May I ask why did you boil the beer? I understand about it beeing flat.

Thanks,
Digit

That is awesome looking soap! My husband LOVES Guiness and I promised him a special batch months ago...I'd better get moving = )

Perhaps it is posted somewhere here and I missed it.......whats the scoop on beer soaps?
Sounds interesting! Looks great! :D

dana

Latest posts

Back