Beer Fragrance Oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like WSP's Oatmeal Stout, but it is a PITA to work with. Once my bottle is empty, I won't be ordering more. I did buy Summer Ale from WSP also, but it smells like the day after a frat party in soap. I couldn't give that soap away...

ETA: just saw LSG's comment. That's the same one I mention. It may be better in different soap formulas.

NG's smells like 3 days after a frat party. I sold them mostly as novelty and never made it again. I just use beer as a water replacement and scent it in manly scents.

I may be weird about what scents I want to bathe with, but I don't want anything bakery, coffee or beer in the shower. For beer soaps, I used BB's cedar & saffron or tobacco & bay leaf, and also Nurture fire tree. I tend to give beer soaps to the guys. I like citrus with beer recipes as well.

NG's smells like 3 days after a frat party. I sold them mostly as novelty and never made it again. I just use beer as a water replacement and scent it in manly scents.

I actually like this one. I made and sold it at an Oktoberfest last year, and even those who weren't drunk liked it.

In cured CP soap, I think it smells more like toasted malt. In liquid soap, it was definitely very fruity (strawberry?). A little goes a long way in LS (it was very strong, and thickened by LS to the consistency of applesauce).

I like citrus with beer recipes as well.
For some reason I seem to only scent my beer soaps with either Lime EO, or a grapefruit scent. For the Lime ones I use Bud Light Lime as the beer, and for the Grapefruit ones I either use the BLL or I use a grapefruit shanty.
I've used other beers to soap with, but I like drinking them more than soaping with them, which is why I tend to use BLL for making soap with. Not worth keeping around to drink. LMAO (although I do like it in the summer)

I’ve enjoyed oatmeal stout fromBB. It didn’t smell like beer to me but like a unisex something nice (been a while and I don’t think I have any bars left)

BB's oatmeal stout is popular for me. Also pepperberry from BB (which is being discontinued soon) makes a nice beer soap

I read the reviews on wsp’s site for the oatmeal stout and complaints of it accelerating badly
Is it workable for CP or is it one that needs to be HP?

It depends on your recipe? I'm not really sure... I have to HP mine because it accelerates so quickly, but I also use beer in this particular soap. I think either @snappyllama or @lsg uses it with no issues.

Slightly off topic but beer related... I use WSP Tuscan Cedarwood in a beer soap and it is a huge favorite with guys.

It depends on your recipe? I'm not really sure... I have to HP mine because it accelerates so quickly, but I also use beer in this particular soap. I think either @snappyllama or @lsg uses it with no issues.

Slightly off topic but beer related... I use WSP Tuscan Cedarwood in a beer soap and it is a huge favorite with guys.

Sorry that wasn't me. :) My favorite FO for beer soaps is BB's Honey Ale. It doesn't smell great oob, but I think it smells pleasantly beer-ish without being overwhelming.

I've used Crafter's Choice Santa's Pipe FO and pushed it as a "beer and cigar bar". It's actually pretty pleasant, with complex "peppery cherry" notes that work well with ale.

PM me if you want a soapable sample. I'd be glad to share.

Hmmm, maybe I should make more beer batter. Hubby just took Best of Show in another homebrew competition. This way it will last longer!

ETA: Oops! Just saw the OP date on this!

My absolute favorite is the Beer FO from Natures garden. Smells just like the real thing!

Sometimes I like to mix it with either bergamot, or the cowboy Fo from lonestar. People love it.

Latest posts

Back