Beer and wine soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm going to begin developing a "Beer and Wine Line" of soaps. I will be making soap with:

Wine:
Merlot
Shiraz
White Zinfandel
Chardonnay
Moscatto

Beer
IPA
Heffenwisen
Lager
Stout
Porter
(And a few others I can't remember the name of)

I want scents that will compliment the libations.

So far I'm thinking for the wines:
Pink musk for Shiraz, forever red for merlot, champagne for moscatto, pink grapefruit for white zinfandel? Dunno what else...

For beer:
Something with tobacco bayleaf, something with Oatmeal milk and honey? And I'm not sure what else. Obviously I won't be adding these for sale for a while. I was thinking November/December at the very earliest and more realistically February. I want to make sure they are goooood. :) I have soaped with beer and wine before just not all of these varieties!

I have a recipe I really like (finally) and is kind to my sensitive skin. I know I will be getting the beers/wine from trader joes where they will all be the trader joes brand (cheap and still tasty if I want to drink any!)

I'm looking for some fragrance suggestions (suppliers and fragrances themselves) Can anyone recomend any? Thanks so much guys! :)

Ooh, I like that fresh baked bread idea.
MMM, and a really good beer happens to be called the left handed milk stout and is chocolaty. Stout chocolate it is, bread and heffenwisen it is!

Thanks for the suggestion for BB, snappy!

I put a french vanilla with my merlot and cabernet wine soaps. Mine happens to be from Peak Candle Supply.

I guess I also just thought of something. Will all of the wine soaps be brown (I know for certain the beer ones wol be!)? I've heard of some that go back to maroon. I'm expecting brown but I'm also curious how others have experienced.

I do red wine soaps and they typically go back to a dark red/brown regardless of how they start off at cure. Sometimes I'll add specific micas to coax it in a given direction but it's always in the red/brown spectrum

WSP carries a harvest ale and a summer ale FO. Worth a look. And you already have a fragrance for it but Rustic Essentials carries a Moscato scent. That one is super sweet smelling and a lot of artificial to my nose, though.

I love the WSP harvest ale myself but holy heck it accelerates like, I nearly had soap on a stick. Its got a lot of spice, but also a strong hoppy scent

Their Chardonnay Wine scents is pretty nice too, without the acceleration, a lovely wine/grape scent with some floral undertones

I put a french vanilla with my merlot and cabernet wine soaps. Mine happens to be from Peak Candle Supply.

How much color of a merlot comes through?

I am cooking down some merlot right now. I don't really like the wine myself but got a cheap bottle to cook a recipe with...so I was sitting there looking at that very full bottle--once I had poured out the recipe amount--and was trying to figure out a way to NOT waste it! SOAP came to mind...

Does any of the scent survive. I assume not but thought I would ask

NEVER MIND...I missed reading the rest of the thread of color... duh

Last edited:
Back