Been a bit distracted lately...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've started doing some more stone painting, and I've fallen in love with this new style. I've got two on the go at present, and then i intend to start doing some Maori designs.
IMG_1092.JPG

Beautiful! I was thinking you could combine your creative channels and paint your soaps, but it would seem a waste for a consumable product -- your art should live forever!

Beautiful! I was thinking you could combine your creative channels and paint your soaps, but it would seem a waste for a consumable product -- your art should live forever!
LOL - @KiwiSoap - look up the January Challenge ;-)

Love the stone :).

I've been madly crocheting lately, finally doing stuff for myself, got some great crochet cotton, with gradients :D.
Yes - the thing I like about crochet is you can do it in front of the TV. Not so with soap and painting stones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi KiwiMoose, your rock paintings are gorgeous!!

My 7 year old loves to paint stuff with her acrylics. May I ask what type of paint you use? I think this would be such a great hobby for her (and me too).

Thank you in advance.:)

Hi KiwiMoose, your rock paintings are gorgeous!!

My 7 year old loves to paint stuff with her acrylics. May I ask what type of paint you use? I think this would be such a great hobby for her (and me too).

Thank you in advance.:)
Hi Kurt,

I use tester pots from a local paint company known as 'Resene'. In the US you could use any reputable paint company (Benjamin Moore, Valspar, etc) - the test pots are good value for money. Make sure it is indoor/outdoor acrylic paint.

Here is a you tube clip i made that might be helpful:

Hi Kurt,

I use tester pots from a local paint company known as 'Resene'. In the US you could use any reputable paint company (Benjamin Moore, Valspar, etc) - the test pots are good value for money. Make sure it is indoor/outdoor acrylic paint.

Here is a you tube clip i made that might be helpful:

Thank you so much for sharing.

My daughter's eyes were lighting up as we watched the video. There's a Benjamin Moore store that's only 2 miles from our house!

Cheers

Did she think I had a funny accent?
Funny you mention that because she loved your accent and actually tried to do an impression. She's quite the comedian.

Every new dot you did she was like, "whoa, ooo, ahhh".

I checked out the Canadian website that sells the dotting tools and ended up ordering a full set of 14 from Amazon. $35 plus $5 for shipping. I thought it was a great deal.

Her birthday is Friday so this is the icing on the cake. Honestly, I think I may be even more excited than her. Tomorrow we will head on down to the paint store and then down to the Truckee River. It's a very powerful river that runs through our city that has many lovely walking/hiking/biking paths to explore. So we will start another adventure and look for some rocks. It's a win win win.

Grateful to have stumbled onto your post:)

Last edited:
I gave all my nail art tools to my granddaughter. Never thought they'd come in handy for soap painting, or painting rocks, for that matter! I will have to share your video with her and suggest she might have some fun with another art form. She mostly draws, and sometimes paints. She is quite the artist and will surely appreciate your artwork.

HOLY SMOKES KiwiMoose!!!!!!!! That's freakin' GORGEOUS! My MIL has always liked doing unique crafts, and rock painting is one of them. She always comes up with something silly and we all roll our eyes at her goofy creations (but not in front of her so we don't hurt her feelings). I'm SOOOOO sending her your You Tube clip, she'll love it. Since her birthday is in 5 days, I think I'll gift her with some supplies which will brighten her day. Her husband died 2 days ago so she'll need distraction in a creative outlet.

Back