beef tallow?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mar8613

Reaction score
does ne1 use beef tallow in liquid soap? if so what qualities does it give? also what is a good % to use in solid soap?

Wow, I didn't know that acronmym either. You must be younger than I am, but most everyone on this forum is! :lol: :lol:

I love using animal fats in my goat milk CP soap! I used to only do animal fats (AF's) but now I make a vegetable line as well. I use about 10% beef tallow and 12 to 15% lard in my favorite AF recipes! The lard is close to the cerebrum in our skin and is a great conditioner. Beef fat is a good conditioner too and both help with the lather. Both lard and especially beef tallow add steriac acids to the recipe making a harder bar of soap. These are the main benefits of using AF's in your soap. :D

Paul.... :wink:

ne1 -Haha! I was looking for a menber with those initial-(snicker).

Soapmaker Man said:
Wow, I didn't know that acronmym either. You must be younger than I am, but most everyone on this forum is! :lol: :lol:

I love using animal fats in my goat milk CP soap! I used to only do animal fats (AF's) but now I make a vegetable line as well. I use about 10% beef tallow and 12 to 15% lard in my favorite AF recipes! The lard is close to the cerebrum in our skin and is a great conditioner. Beef fat is a good conditioner too and both help with the lather. Both lard and especially beef tallow add steriac acids to the recipe making a harder bar of soap. These are the main benefits of using AF's in your soap. :D

Paul.... :wink:

We haven't processed our deer yet from this years season, but I can't wait till we do!!! I've got dibs on the tallow from 6 deer between my hubby's, MINE, and my parent's deer!

Pauls says it works great so i can't wait till now after the new year and i can take it off the animal, and render it down out at my parents farm. (due to the smell) LOL

AND USE IT !!!!!!

Boy does it make a nice hard bar! The smell will go away with cure and the scent will shine through. I mix 5 to 7% deer tallow with 5 to 7% beef tallow and about 8 to 10% lard in a recipe. Man is that a great feeling bar of soap! So creamy, so smooth is your skin after washing with it. AF's just add that special something to soap. I totally respect those who prefer not to use it, fully understand, :) but I sure love the deer tallow, beef tallow, lard combo at 25% in my very favorite recipe!!! :D

Paul... :wink:

Latest posts

Back