Because of Paul I L@@Ked

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

THANKS PAUL !!!!!!

Over the last few days there has been a topic on shipping costs and supplies. One suggestion given by Paul was coconut oil at wal-mart.

Well the wal-mart closest to me is 45 miles away and it's just the regular wal-mart and they don't carry coconut oil.

But the two local grocery stores in that town does, with a cost of
33 cents per ounce at one store and
27 cents per ounce at the other.

Well today we had to take our 7 year old to the shrink in Grand Forks about 330 miles (round trip) from where we live and they have a super wal-mart there. And while there I looked, and wouldn't ya know it.
A big container that comes out to .10 cents and ounce. (I bought 3 containers). Now when I'm going there or my parents are going to go there. You can bet they will also have my shopping list.

Plus I did stop in at Menards as well and found Lye as well for 22 cents an ounce.

So it was a good day..........

Thanks Paul for suggesting to look at wal-mart for the Coconut Oil !!!!
You made my day for suggeting to look there !!!!

The one here had the coconut oil with the other cooking oils, not by the popcorn stuff where I had been finding it in the grocery stores.

and it cost $3.12 for a 31.5 oz container
which equals out to .10 cents an ounce.

not bad, considering where I live in the booneies..... LOL

But yes it's worth checking out............

You're welcome Faithy! Our Wal-Mart sell the 31.5 ounce LouAnn CO for $2.85 before tax. With tax, it is about $3.00 for 31.5 ounces. That price is better than Columbus Foods plus the shipping is higher too. I only get my hard to find oils at CF. Wal-Mart for the Safflower, coconut oil, lard, cheap AF blend shortening, Canola, and Sam's for their Aloe Vera Juice, and Bertolli Light Olive Oil.

Paul....

And when you are reaching for the coconut oil, if you side step about 8 feet to the right & turn around, you'll see the goats milk in a can. Thats if your Walmart is the same as mine.

I see they were re- arranging on the other end of the store. I wonder if they all do that at the same time.

PhillipJ said:
And when you are reaching for the coconut oil, if you side step about 8 feet to the right & turn around, you'll see the goats milk in a can. Thats if your Walmart is the same as mine.

Not all Super Walmarts carry canned goat's milk. I have three in my general area, and only ONE carries it.

LOL yes while I was also there I stocked up on Safflower Oil a 24 oz bottle for $2.64 which is also cheaper than the grocery stores in Devils Lake.

And since I was already stocked up on Shortening, Canola Oil and Goats Milk I didn't buy any.

But you can bet your bottom dollar when I do need to stock up I'll be shopping there. Either myself or I'll be sending a list with my parents when they go. Since it's over a 300 mile round trip.

In Grand Forks they also have a Sams Club and while we don't have a membership (don't go there enough to justify the membership) I do send my list for my parents when they go. Or I'll have my parents price out items for me when they go down. Which is fairly often. So I'll have them price out Aloe Juice and Olive Oil the next time they go down.

Latest posts

Back