Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masterchief

Reaction score
Hello everyone. First time here and first time making homemade soaps. I started making my own beard balm with oils and EO and beeswax and butters. Now that I have made that I now want to start making soaps for the beard also. However I do not know how to start or what would work best. I understand the basics and have a lot of the ingredients already. I need a good recipe and a instruction guide. Thank you so much!
~Masterchief

ETA:

Ditto BrewerGeorge for natural soap and hair in general.

-------------

Original post:

For making CP soap, there are a lot of stickies at the beginning of the lye section and beginners section that should help you out. Also, at the bottom of this thread see the box that says "similar threads."

Have you made CP soap before? if not, Soap Queen has a series of instructional videos that have proven useful to many:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR6ttCSrLJI[/ame]

Last edited:
My husband uses a commercial beard soap. In my opinion it contributes to clearer skin, less hair falling out, and general tameness. These are also things that "paying attention to your beard" would fix. Before using the soap (and the beard oil I forced him to start using) his beard/'stach were always itchy, sticking up in all directions, and falling out.

In terms of making the soap, the ingredients look much gentler - like a facial bar/wash with eo's added that are supposed to help with hair manageability. The bottle looks like a standard 4oz lotion bottle with an ingredients list 1.5-2" wide and covering 2/3 down the bottle. Most of that list is the eo blend.

Latest posts

Back