Beard balm colorant

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeLLoGsX

Reaction score
Hey!

I hope you can help me with this. I’ve made many beard balms before and now I was thinking of adding some form of colorant to it. I’ve googled all day but I’m not really sure if it helped. I only want a beige or a brown tint.

Since the formula consists of different oils and butters and EO I need the colorant to be soluble or infused in oil. And I want it to be a natural/organic ingredi

Any suggestions?

//KeLLoGsX

I would be curious to see an answer to this as well.

I don't know
Thanx!
I’ll see what kind of tea I can find and give it a try. Think I’ll first try a cold infusion with castor oil. I’ll be back with results.
Coloring wax is not an easy thing to do. When I wanted to tint my lip balm, I ran across many ways of doing it. One was using little bits of lipstick but that may leave the beard a different color. The do make coloring chips for tinting wax but I don't know if there skin safe.

I would be curious to see an answer to this as well.

I don't know

Coloring wax is not an easy thing to do. When I wanted to tint my lip balm, I ran across many ways of doing it. One was using little bits of lipstick but that may leave the beard a different color. The do make coloring chips for tinting wax but I don't know if there skin safe.

I would think you could use a botanical infusion for lip balm too. I bought some once that was colored with beetroot powder, it was a lovely color. Dried hibiscus would be a good color too but might leave flavor.

Parsley for green, calendula for yellow, not sure about blue but I can't imagine a blue lip or beard balm

I would think you could use a botanical infusion for lip balm too. I bought some once that was colored with beetroot powder, it was a lovely color. Dried hibiscus would be a good color too but might leave flavor.

Parsley for green, calendula for yellow, not sure about blue but I can't imagine a blue lip or beard balm
I wonder if butterfly pea could be used for blue?

I wonder if butterfly pea could be used for blue?
You would have to do an oil infusion to get the color but I don't know how stable the color would be after you warmed up the oils for mixing.

You might want to do some small testing first.

You would have to do an oil infusion to get the color but I don't know how stable the color would be after you warmed up the oils for mixing.

You might want to do some small testing first.

They make tea with blue pea and it stays blue so it should be fine heated up.

Back