BCN's Vanilla Stabilizer - what have you tried it in?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far I've only used it twice. I discounted water up front (in addition to normal discount) to account for stabilizer liquid w/FO. I used it with Chanel No. 5 because it mentions vanilla in it. Stayed an ivory color so far. The ivory was because the oil was very yellow. Also used it in an HP batch with Dragon's Blood and that stayed dark pink. I haven't had any other needs for it yet.

I used it with Pink Sugar. First off, Pink Sugar actually makes soap kinda yellow-orange, so avoiding the brown left me with a shocking color. Then I ended up with very sharp grit in my soap anyway.

I used it with another FO too and along with the "shards" I got oily soap.

I gave the remainder of my stabilizer away.

I'm planning on trying it with Birthday Cake FO. The FO crystallized so I am going to try to warm it up first. I'm hoping to get to it early this week. I'm curious to see if it works.

I used the stabilizer with birthday cake and my soap is light brown.

Ok, someone on the photo page just made dragonsblood with this stabilzer, and it worked, im scared to ruin supplies. hmmm, maybe brown soap isnt so bad.

I also made an HP batch of cranberry apple marmalade, colored it peach, loved it, and now it's turned brown!!!!!! Wish I would've used the stabilizer on that!!!

milla, i love that scent, mine turned a little brown on edges over a long time, yours turned brown right away?

honor435 said:
milla, i love that scent, mine turned a little brown on edges over a long time, yours turned brown right away?

I love the scent too! I'm still going to give it away for Christmas gifts. The edges are turning brown a little. Very yummy fragrance. Spicy and sweet, but not too spicy.

Back