1. We are helping test out a new project for soapmakers. Soapmaking Friend. If you are interested in providing feedback and help guide this project to include all you want to see in a recipe builder and calculator please PM an Admin or post in the Announcements forum. Your feedback is really needed!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

BB's Honey and Wildflower honey

Discussion in 'Fragrance Oils/Fragrance reviews' started by lenarenee, Jun 13, 2018.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Jun 13, 2018 #1

lenarenee

lenarenee

lenarenee

Supporting Member

I didn't mean to order them; I put lots of fo's in my cart as I shop but sort through later and delete enough to make my budget happy. I like the Wildflower honey and might make it in soap. But the Honey needs need to be blended with something....any ideas?

2. Jun 13, 2018 #2

dibbles

dibbles

dibbles

Supporting Member Supporting Member

Almond is nice or maybe vanilla. I haven't tried it, but if you have a tea scent you like that seems like it would be nice. A fruit like peach or apricot?

3. Jun 13, 2018 #3

Parfumerie

Parfumerie

Parfumerie

I'd say fill up a sample vial and carry it with you for a day or three smell often and really get to know it, if you can alternate between smelling it and real honey and/or beeswax, it will probably change and you will notice nuances like woody, floral, herbal, or tobacco characters, notice how sweet or dry it is, and if you had to give it a color what would it be.

Honey can illuminate citruses and sensuous musks/vanilla/woods and amplify/opulate florals.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  4. Jun 13, 2018 #4

lenarenee

lenarenee

lenarenee

Supporting Member

Shucks, no almond. No omh (because I don't like it). I do have BB Oatmeal stout. BB orange peel, but can only spare 1 ounce of it.

Shoot...just realized BB left an item out of my order! Do they ship the missing item for free? Maybe they'd let me add some almond fo or something?

5. Jun 13, 2018 #5

Lin19687

Lin19687

Lin19687

Good thing you caught the missing item ;)

I would mix with the Stout, I LURVE stout

6. Jun 13, 2018 #6

dibbles

dibbles

dibbles

Supporting Member Supporting Member

I would contact BB about the missing item. I have found that they are very good about correcting a mistake. I've only had a problem two times and both times they shipped it within one day, two day air. Even when I told them it wasn't something I needed quickly. I'm not sure if they would include another FO with free shipping.

If the honey FO you have is strong, almond is one thing that can stand up to it. If you have orange blossom, that might be nice with it. The stout or orange peel would be a good choice as well. Depending on the ratio, the honey might overpower the orange peel if you only have a limited amount to spare.

7. Jun 13, 2018 #7

dixiedragon

dixiedragon

dixiedragon

I did a combo with apple, lime and honey that I loved. Don't recall the ratios - something like 3 Lime, 2 Apple and 2 Honey?

dibbles likes this.
  8. Jun 13, 2018 #8

Zany_in_CO

Zany_in_CO

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier

It took a while, but I found this in my Files. Prolly not what you're looking for, but might be a way to use up the FO? :
    HTH Wave.gif

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    lenarenee likes this.