BB's Honey and Wildflower honey

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I didn't mean to order them; I put lots of fo's in my cart as I shop but sort through later and delete enough to make my budget happy. I like the Wildflower honey and might make it in soap. But the Honey needs need to be blended with something....any ideas?

Almond is nice or maybe vanilla. I haven't tried it, but if you have a tea scent you like that seems like it would be nice. A fruit like peach or apricot?

I'd say fill up a sample vial and carry it with you for a day or three smell often and really get to know it, if you can alternate between smelling it and real honey and/or beeswax, it will probably change and you will notice nuances like woody, floral, herbal, or tobacco characters, notice how sweet or dry it is, and if you had to give it a color what would it be.

Honey can illuminate citruses and sensuous musks/vanilla/woods and amplify/opulate florals.

Last edited:
Shucks, no almond. No omh (because I don't like it). I do have BB Oatmeal stout. BB orange peel, but can only spare 1 ounce of it.

Shoot...just realized BB left an item out of my order! Do they ship the missing item for free? Maybe they'd let me add some almond fo or something?

I would contact BB about the missing item. I have found that they are very good about correcting a mistake. I've only had a problem two times and both times they shipped it within one day, two day air. Even when I told them it wasn't something I needed quickly. I'm not sure if they would include another FO with free shipping.

If the honey FO you have is strong, almond is one thing that can stand up to it. If you have orange blossom, that might be nice with it. The stout or orange peel would be a good choice as well. Depending on the ratio, the honey might overpower the orange peel if you only have a limited amount to spare.

... the Honey needs need to be blended with something....any ideas?
It took a while, but I found this in my Files. Prolly not what you're looking for, but might be a way to use up the FO? :
BEESWAX LOTION BARS
Author: Soap Queen / Yield: 6 lotion bars / Mold: 6 Cavity Guest Bee Silicone

3.5 oz. Olive Oil
3.5 oz. Shea Butter
2.5 oz. Yellow Beeswax
3 mL Pure Honey Fragrance Oil

1. In a small heat-safe container, combine the olive oil and yellow beeswax. Place in the microwave and heat using 30-60 second bursts until fully melted. Beeswax has a high melting point and can take a while to fully melt. Because of this, don't use a glass container with too much head space. The container can actually explode if it gets too hot! Once melted, remove from the microwave carefully, as the mixture will be very hot.

2. Add the shea butter and stir. The heat from the mixture will begin to melt the shea butter. If necessary, place the container back into the microwave and heat using 15-20 second bursts until the mixture is clear.

3. Add the Pure Honey Fragrance Oil and stir to completely mix in.

4. Carefully pour the mixture into each mold cavity. Allow to fully cool and harden. This will take several hours or up to overnight. Remove from the mold. Store these bars in a cool place, because they can melt slightly in extremely high temperatures!

Recipe by Soap Queen at https://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-body-tutorials/lotion/beeswax-lotion-bars-diy/
HTH
Wave.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back