BBs Gray Foam Packs ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried to re-use Bramble Berry's gray foam packs that they ship FOs/EOs in? I want to send some stain glass butterflies to my daughter in Maui and thought they would work well if I can get the foam to form around the butterflies. Thoughts?

I could be wrong on this, but I think they start with a liquid foam that grows/solidifies around the bottles. I think expanding insulation foam would be similar.

If you can’t figure it out with the B.B. stuff maybe you can use the insulating stuff to build forms yourself

I did! :) Here's the answer I got:
(04:49:16 PM) Terah: We have a industrial foam packaging machine. We do not reheat the packaging and would not recommend it.
So I took a rubber mallet to the packs and created spaces, in a manner of speaking. I think it will ship well. Those foam packs are pretty thick and substantial.
...maybe you can use the insulating stuff to build forms yourself
Hmmm. Interesting thought. I bet that would work. Thanks for the suggestion. I like the way you think.

Back