• July 15, 2020 USA date. 1am EST to approx 3am EST Server will be off line for maintenance.

BBs Gray Foam Packs ?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried to re-use Bramble Berry's gray foam packs that they ship FOs/EOs in? I want to send some stain glass butterflies to my daughter in Maui and thought they would work well if I can get the foam to form around the butterflies. Thoughts?

BattleGnome

Reaction score
I could be wrong on this, but I think they start with a liquid foam that grows/solidifies around the bottles. I think expanding insulation foam would be similar.

If you can’t figure it out with the B.B. stuff maybe you can use the insulating stuff to build forms yourself

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zany, I bet if you contact BB they would tell you if there is a way to reuse them.

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
I did! :) Here's the answer I got:
(04:49:16 PM) Terah: We have a industrial foam packaging machine. We do not reheat the packaging and would not recommend it.
So I took a rubber mallet to the packs and created spaces, in a manner of speaking. I think it will ship well. Those foam packs are pretty thick and substantial.
...maybe you can use the insulating stuff to build forms yourself
Hmmm. Interesting thought. I bet that would work. Thanks for the suggestion. I like the way you think.