1. We are helping test out a new project for soapmakers. Soapmaking Friend. If you are interested in providing feedback and help guide this project to include all you want to see in a recipe builder and calculator please PM an Admin or post in the Announcements forum. Your feedback is really needed!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

BBs Gray Foam Packs ?

Discussion in 'Labels and Packaging' started by Zany_in_CO, Jul 26, 2018.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Jul 26, 2018 #1

Zany_in_CO

Zany_in_CO

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier

Has anyone ever tried to re-use Bramble Berry's gray foam packs that they ship FOs/EOs in? I want to send some stain glass butterflies to my daughter in Maui and thought they would work well if I can get the foam to form around the butterflies. Thoughts?

2. Jul 26, 2018 #2

BattleGnome

BattleGnome

BattleGnome

I could be wrong on this, but I think they start with a liquid foam that grows/solidifies around the bottles. I think expanding insulation foam would be similar.

If you can’t figure it out with the B.B. stuff maybe you can use the insulating stuff to build forms yourself

Zany_in_CO likes this.
  3. Jul 26, 2018 #3

dibbles

dibbles

dibbles

Supporting Member Supporting Member

Zany, I bet if you contact BB they would tell you if there is a way to reuse them.

Zany_in_CO likes this.
  4. Jul 27, 2018 #4

Zany_in_CO

Zany_in_CO

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier

I did! :) Here's the answer I got:
    So I took a rubber mallet to the packs and created spaces, in a manner of speaking. I think it will ship well. Those foam packs are pretty thick and substantial.
    Hmmm. Interesting thought. I bet that would work. Thanks for the suggestion. I like the way you think.