BB la bomb.. Messy fix?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenneelk

Reaction score
Finally decide to give their pricey la bomb colors a try and so far I'm irritated. 3 of them immediately leaked all over starting with the pink as I took the tape slowly off.
Has anyone figured out a good way to work with them or good containers to change them into?
Does everyone just use a pipette that uses these?
I've never had a liquid dye come in a container like this. Lol
Especially one that stains so much.
My 5 year old said 'ohh pretty mama'.

image.jpg

My 5 year old said 'ohh pretty mama'.

That is pretty sweet, Jen, although perhaps not enough to offset the messiness/irritation :)

I haven't used the La Bomb colors, but do use, and like, the BB labcolors. They are also really messy, though. W/them you have to mix them up in bigger (your own) bottles, and I always get drips, I always just set them on paper towels before I start.

But I find that is the case w/any of the liquid colorants (one of my favorites greens is an Elements liquid one, with a top that is supposed to be drip proof, and it is the worst of all.)

Have you found liquid ones that are better? I kind of like them b/c they are so fast/easy to use, although usually more expensive.

Last edited:
I have liquid from celestial colors that have nice twist tops and haven't been an issue yet.. I've got like 20 colors from them. And then a few that have cap tops and yeah they are fine also. I don't know why they don't have a stopper in these? Would be so much better. I might just buy some or put these into my larger amber bottles I have stoppers for, just seems like a waste of 12 amber bottles.
My powders I used to premix but don't as much anymore. So you like Labcolors for bombs?

Now, I always use the LaBomb colorants from BB for my bombs. They don't prefizz or stain the tub, and they make the bathwater a nice color. I could never get the hang of using dry colorants... they always came out too light or too dark. I use a pipette to extract them and leave them in the original container.

Back