Bay Rum anybody?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kagey

Reaction score
Being a guy - you know I hate to ask for directions.... or help.
But this has been killing me for a while.

Where the heck should I be buying my Bay Rum??

Brambleberry doesn't sell it. Lebermuth has discontinued it.
And WSP's Crafter Choice wants nearly $5 an ounce!!

While I've found it on Nature's Garden, Wellington and bescented -- I see bad review for the fragrance saying that it's not the "real" bay rum smell.

Can anybody point me in the right direction for an "authentic" Bay Rum FO where I won't have to take a second mortgage on my house?

Hi!

I have never used that fragrance but have always wanted to because of the type of scent, but since the flashpoints always are a problem I can`t seem to find anyone I can purchase it from. However you don`t want to worry about that!

Here is Bulk Apothecary:
https://www.bulkapothecary.com/prod...ance-flavor/fragrances/bay-rum-fragrance-oil/
Here is Flaming candle:
https://www.theflamingcandle.com/so...ap-safe-fragrance-oils/bay-rum-fragrance-oil/
edit: If you haven`t used Flaming candle for fragrance oils before I have tried a huge deal of them, and they are fantastic in soaps. I haven`t found one that didn`t stick yet. I even have 3 of them in my CPSR, that is how much I love them, and they stick really well, and their CS is great and very service minded.

@kagey I hope you're able to get the bay rum fragrance/oil, whatever. We used to buy a bay rum soap more than 30 years ago, I forget what company made it. It was a wonderful scent. I'm sure my sons would like it.

I was going to recommend Oregon Trails West Indies Bay FO, which is such an awesome FO, but darn, darn, darn....I just looked and saw that they no longer have a listing for it, which is a real bummer because it smells exactly like the Bay Rum blend I make for my hubby's aftershave with real West Indies Bay essential oil (i.e. pimenta racemosa), allspice berries and rum, a blend of which my hubby absolutely loves the smell. I was so happy to have found that FO, because the pimenta racemosa bay EO is so expensive. I'll have to use what I have left of the FO very sparingly (sniffle, sniffle). 😢

I have smelled their Bay Rum FO, and it just doesn't hold a candle to their West Indies Bay FO. I do wonder, though, if it it would smell anything close if it were blended with their Tradewinds FO.....hmmmm 🤔

IrishLass :)

I was going to recommend Oregon Trails West Indies Bay FO, which is such an awesome FO, but darn, darn, darn....I just looked and saw that they no longer have a listing for it, which is a real bummer because it smells exactly like the Bay Rum blend I make for my hubby's aftershave with real West Indies Bay essential oil (i.e. pimenta racemosa), allspice berries and rum, a blend of which my hubby absolutely loves the smell. I was so happy to have found that FO, because the pimenta racemosa bay EO is so expensive. I'll have to use what I have left of the FO very sparingly (sniffle, sniffle). 😢

I have smelled their Bay Rum FO, and it just doesn't hold a candle to their West Indies Bay FO. I do wonder, though, if it it would smell anything close if it were blended with their Tradewinds FO.....hmmmm 🤔

IrishLass :)

Yup, agreed about West Indies Bay FO. I have some of that, and that's what I was looking for on the site--I couldn't believe it was gone. I have both of them (just small bottles, like 2 oz), and while hubby and I like them both, the Bay Rum is not as good as the West Indies Bay. But I think that I would be happy with the Bay Rum as is if I didn't have the West Indies Bay as a comparison.

sorry y'all.
I couldn't help myself.
i used to live in Chicago and had friends from North of the border... and used to tease them.
hope I didn't offend. it was meant in a playful jest.
we all have our dialect eccentricities... ya know wadda mean?

Last edited:
Back