BAY LAUREL SOAP HELP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happyprince

Reaction score
Hello,
My country is famous for bay laurel soaps also.
Though I have been making soap for some time I have never tried bay laurel soap.
Can anyone help me about that?What is the SAP value for bay Laurel?How much should I use and when ?
Any idea will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance...

Bay Laurel is an essential oil. It doesn't have a SAP value. You would add it like any other fragrance or essential oil. Depending on the strength you would use around .7 oz per lb of oil.

it's not actually an essential oil. well I should say there IS an essential oil but the Turkish soap (Ham... something) is made with a different oil)

it was a big topic over at The Whisk - I think some there actually some folks over there who soaped it.

http://www.the-whisk.us/forum/index.php

The thing is that I will not use leaves oil.I will use the seeds oil.
Is there a difference?
thanks...

Where can I find Bay Laurel Oil?

I got a tiny bottle of the EO at a little herb shop. Way to pricey to soap with. $15.00 for .5 oz.

Well,
If you need Bay Laurel Oil I can find here for you.I think here I can find it like 5 or 6 dollars per oz.(50 grams apprx.)I mean leaf oil.But if you need seed oil,then I think it is 20 dollars per one liter.(1000 grams)
If you buy more it would be better because of the shipping cost.
Helping will be pleasure for me :wink:

x

www.libertynatural.com click on essential oil listing-

laurel leaf-lauris nobilis-TURKEY
$10.59 1 oz/29.57 ml

i have been buying from this vendor for almost 18 years. they are a little spendy, but their quality and customer service is outstanding!

hope this helps!

x

happyprince:

could you tell me if there is a theraputic value special to the seeds instead of the leaves? are the aromas essentially the same or different?

thank you

Dear Heartsong,
The smell is exactly the same and I think it has also same theuropatic value.(or very close).Because here no one uses Bay Laurel Leaf oil in Turkish hammam soaps.All Laurel soaps are made of seed oil.NOT LEAVES! Very few people know that.Because they can use that oil up to %30.But I am not sure about the SAP value.That's my only problem now.:(

Latest posts

Back