Bathbomb recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

regansoap

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Could anyone tell me how long bath bombs stay fresh I suppose I mean keep their fragrance and colour. My daughters friend wants 32 for a baby shower, I am absolutely s****** myself,10 is the most I have every made and the kitchen really needed industrial cleaners to clean up the mess. Also they get slightly flat on the bottom is there any way of avoiding this - they are so awkward and temperamental I will probably kill my husband by getting so stressed.

Also do you thing £2 each is a fair price I put milk powder Epsom bicarb citric acid cornflour and oils and fragrance _ god I'm dreading this she also wants them in cellophane bags with ribbons and thank you card. Thank you.

Watch your language in future posts.

When I made round bath bombs I put a towel in a muffin pan, placed the bb in the pan and rotated them every 20-30 min or so for the first few hrs to avoid any flat spots. As far as how long they last, I'd say 3 mos not packaged, 6 mos packaged or so depending on the fragrance. Some fragrances fade faster than others.
Your price is a little on the low side with bags, ribbons etc.

That's about $2.90 each if I did the math rigth. Which seems pretty good to me. I sell mine for 1.50-2.00 each depending on size. Granted they are only shrink wrapped with a label. Mine last quite a bit when packaged. Though some can fade more than others.

What language? ??????????

I am really annoyed by that comment _ how can s****** be considered language - it's not the words but the mind it goes into to be spoken to like that is childish ridiculous and downright rude comment so I suggest you make sure that there are actually swear words in the post you need to get over yourselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found some bath bombs that I had forgotten. They were still in the cellophane package and looked great. They were a couple of years old. I don't know how they fizzed because I gave them to my granddaughters.

I made hundreds of bathbombs for my friends big fat gay wedding. But I cheat - I use a half round mold (a measuring bowl) and BAM BAM BAM mold them onto parchment covered sheet pans. Day or two to dry, then wrap in cellophane with a round sticker on the flat bottom. Nobody ever ever notices or mentions that they arent round. Square ones are cute too.

Oh and if you have a kitchenaid, I find that really helps with mixing big batches.

I too use either half round BB molds or other plastic soap molds (round or square). I have cruddy luck getting the whole bomb to stick together. The first 2 or 3 are great after that it's a crap shoot.

Back