Bath Teas??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimmielz1

Reaction score
I am pretty new to the bath and body making thing but I was wondering. Is there any money to be made making and packaging bath teas? All the ingrediants are soooo cheap but I'm just not sure if htere is a market for them?

the short answer is - maybe.

the long answer will depend on too many variables for us to answer - where are you selling them - different areas are different? what is your customer base? in what context - with other B&B stuff? with candle stuff? on their own? what will you charge? how will they be packaged? how will you sell them - web site, store, wholesale? how will you market them?

I personally wouldn't buy bath teas, and all my "guinea pigs" didn't seem interested when I suggested it. Bath salts, maybe. It's not a common thing, as far as, I don't ever see it when I shop farmer's market, so it could be unpopular (or maybe those folks just hadn't though of it yet).

My mom had purchased "Bath Tea" that she scooped and added to the bath, but complained that she had to shower off afterwards because all the herby things were stuck all over her. :lol:

I've seen little tea bags that are supposed to float in your bath water, but personally, they just don't seem that appealing to me. They might smell nice (up to your nose), but what they do for a bath, I'm not sure.

I like bath salts. You could color them, and see the color in your water. And, they make your skin feel good.

i love the teas that you suspend from your faucet so that the water goes through them as it runs to fill your bath. no mess and all the benefits...

Sounds much better than the loose stuff!

I would love one that could make my bath smell like Earl Gray. Milk bath scented with bergamot? Yummmmm

When I made bath teas, I would make a mix of the teas along with some eo's and salt. They were great in the bath but only sold a few.

Latest posts

Back