Bath Tea

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nature coast

Reaction score
I'm preparing to make a few different bath teas this week and i'm wondering if any of you have any favorite ingredients you like to use. I'm also wondering about how popular bath teas (either loose, or tea bags) have been for you all. Do you sell a lot or do you find people aren't that interested? A fellow soap maker said she tried selling them last year and people didn't know what they were or didn't think they would use them. I've made and tested a few tea recipes and I love them. Thoughts anyone?

I tried them when I first started and it wasn’t well received. Loose bath tea for me is a total no, o don’t want stuff floating in my tub. I put them in tea bags and also tried organza bags. Didn’t have any luck.

I tried them when I first started and it wasn’t well received. Loose bath tea for me is a total no, o don’t want stuff floating in my tub. I put them in tea bags and also tried organza bags. Didn’t have any luck.

Yes i agree about having stuff floating in the tub! I like the look of it but not the clean up. I have some bath tea bags i purchased from whole supplies plus. I'll use those.

I've had very little luck selling Bath Tea! Which is a shame because it really is a cool concept and the people who do try it LOVE it!
I'm adding a link from my website. Please feel free to lift it verbatim if you want since I no longer make Bath Teas - I just haven't gotten around to removing that page from the site :)
http://www.minoubleu.com/Bath-Tea.html

I usually get the same response to bath fizzies, bath teas, and bath salts. "Oh, they smell wonderful, but I don't take baths, just showers."

That being said, I do still make them in small quantities , because I have a loyal following of a few people at my favorite Farmer's Market. And I just got an order for 7 bath fizzies. That's a big order for me. So you can see how small time I am for that to be a big order.

I've had very little luck selling Bath Tea! Which is a shame because it really is a cool concept and the people who do try it LOVE it!
I'm adding a link from my website. Please feel free to lift it verbatim if you want since I no longer make Bath Teas - I just haven't gotten around to removing that page from the site :)
http://www.minoubleu.com/Bath-Tea.html

Thanks! I love your website by the way. Very nice. Being from north Florida I really appreciate all the southern charm.

I usually get the same response to bath fizzies, bath teas, and bath salts. "Oh, they smell wonderful, but I don't take baths, just showers."

That being said, I do still make them in small quantities , because I have a loyal following of a few people at my favorite Farmer's Market. And I just got an order for 7 bath fizzies. That's a big order for me. So you can see how small time I am for that to be a big order.

I get customers that say the same thing. Usually when people buy those items it's as a gift for someone else. When properly packaged salts and botanical items make gorgeous gifts .

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm preparing to make a few different bath teas this week and i'm wondering if any of you have any favorite ingredients you like to use. I'm also wondering about how popular bath teas (either loose, or tea bags) have been for you all. Do you sell a lot or do you find people aren't that interested? A fellow soap maker said she tried selling them last year and people didn't know what they were or didn't think they would use them. I've made and tested a few tea recipes and I love them. Thoughts anyone?

I've always loved them (and made them)! But our current home has a shower and no tub. So I sorely miss the luxury of a soak with something lovely in the water. As for now I dropped them completely - my friends/customers are not interested in them too, unfortunately. For the same reason, I guess (showers only).
Personally I prefer teas that has no salt, just herbs: chamomile, rosemary and hibiscus - a perfect trio, imo.

Back