bath salts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marilyn Norgart

Reaction score
today is the perfect day for a soak for me--cool and rainy. its hard to relax when I spend most of the time trying to break up the clumps of oil and baking soda. I have tried baking them, using poly 80 in them. nothing helps with this. I am wondering if the type of oil I am using is the issue? maybe I should stop using extra oil except maybe an equal amount as a carrier oil for the EOs? any suggestions would be much appreciated. could the problem be my water here? I really would like to get this down before the snow hits as I spend a lot of time in the bath then

Last edited:
I love bath salts! If I'm adding an eo. I add it directly to natrasorb bath (tapioca starch) then mix the natrasorb into the salts. I make these for myself and family with skin safe eo's. I haven't had any issues with free floating essential oils irritating anyone. As an added bonus, I don't have to bake or dry out the salts.

I love bath salts! If I'm adding an eo. I add it directly to natrasorb bath (tapioca starch) then mix the natrasorb into the salts. I make these for myself and family with skin safe eo's. I haven't had any issues with free floating essential oils irritating anyone. As an added bonus, I don't have to bake or dry out the salts.

where do get natrasorb (I have seen it somewhere dont remember where though) and what does it add to the bath? the recipe I used had an extra oil (besides the EOs). how much do you use per salts? it sure would be nice not to have to bake them TIA

I bought it on amazon. A little goes a long way.
Natrasorb Bath (Tapioca Starch) 1 Lb
Sold by: Chemistry_Connection
$26.99
I typically use .26% of my batch (6 grams)
I found it when I was researching eo safety in the bath. Here's the link
http://tisserandinstitute.org/safety/bath-safety/bath-safety-2_23705018/

I'm not sure if it adds anything other than the ability to add the eo without a carrier oil.
My recipe is
Magnesium bath flakes 48.67%
Dead sea salt 9.93%
Fine mediterain sea salt 9.93 %
Medium pink himalayan 4.61%
Fine pink himalayan 25.55%
Natrasorb bath .26%
Lavender eo 15-20 drops .04%

I mix the eo with natrasorb till it is all absorbed. The powder absorbs all of the eo and they I mix it with the blended salts.

I have tried it in bath bombs too. It seems to help them float.

Back